VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

Let's say you have two audio files at different volumes. They both have dialogue, but clip B has intermittent background noise that hits peaks eg. gunshots/explosions. How would you match the volume of the dialogue in clip B with that of clip A so that at least during the silent moments where there are no peaks, they will be at the exact same volume?

Will the gunshots only affect the matching process at that instance in the clip?

I started my trial of Adobe Audition 2017 so I can use it if your solution involves using it.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Run Audition's "amplitude stats" on clip A and note the average. Select the longest stretch of B that has dialogue but no peak effects and run amplitude stats on it. Find the difference from Clip A and amplify or fade to match. Tweak to suit your ears as necessary. If you want to be more sophisticated about it, try the LUFS Meter VST plugin.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Is this using Adobe Audition? Will the amplitude stats give a dB reading and then it's just a simple volume increase ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    That's how it works in Audition 3. Hopefully it's still there in Audition 2017.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Oh okay thanks, will give it a shot.
    Quote Quote