VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello guys,
    sadly chances are zero that this footage will ever see the light of day in better quality. The original negatives are lost and there were no copys.
    I know the footage is pretty crappy but there has to be
    a chance to make it look better.:

https://uploadfiles.io/0jn5i5zr

Of course it has to be cropped and resized to 1,78:1 to make it fit to the main movie but this is not my question.

The questions are which filters I should use to remove the roughness and restore as much as possible of the original colors. The drop outs are probably irreplaceable but those are luckily only in 2 of the many scenes.

The original blu ray scene I want to splice this scene after the remastering in looks like this: https://uploadfiles.io/1ad8ngqa

Any help is much appreciated
    Thanks a lot
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well the only help I can give you is not to post to sites that have links to other software and require careful reading to get the actual file.

Your files are quite small and can easily be sent as attachments direct to the forum. And they will last longer should someone in time stumble across the topic when these uploads have expired.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since you were courteous to heed my suggestion I took a look at the clips.

Frankly, there is little you can do. The lack of color is but a small issue. The vid suffers from time-base errors and bad tracking, neither of which are correctable post. I noticed the studio logo right at the end and maybe they thought it a matter of completeness to include this. If these persist throughout then they will all have to be cut out and the end result would look dis-jointed.

Just my two-cents. Others may have a different opinion.
    Quote Quote