VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Shocker Milwaukee
    I have both a LiteOn LDW 401s burner & a LiteOn 166 DVD-ROM. Their Kprobe scans of the same discs are vastly different.

Question: Have you seen any degree of reliability in the results obtained with the 166? In other words, is it able to consistently report results between two different medias that are significant? Assume that the results you get with your burner are valid.
    Still a few bugs in the system...

Search PM
    Originally Posted by DVDeeZ
    lordsmurf, I said that was my last Ritek post but I guess I lied. Being that you don't know anyone that works with Ritek or for Ritek, your posts have been all of what I said they were from the beginning, which was all opinionated. Anyone that reads your responses to my questions can clearly see that you just danced around the questions.
    Now that's funny. I have read the entire thread and it seems to me that someone answered with an opinion different to your own. You say Smurf's posts have been opiniated, but yours haven't ???
    That's the pot calling the kettle black a bit isn't it ???

Unlike you smurf, I have a contact that works closely with Ritek among other big media companies.
    "my contact says so. It must be fact." Come on, you expect us to believe that ?

When you whined to Baldrick to remove that thread which "was" accurate and "not" rumor, I immediately pm'd him with some facts and was prepared to give names if necessary to get the thread back in the public forum. I figured if Baldrick cared about not letting the majority of these members get screwed by Ritek and supermediastore, then he'd put that post back out in the public forum which is exactly what he did.
    You are a god - we should all kneel before you for looking after the best interests of everyone on this site.

Also, unlike you smurf, I know for a fact that Ritek has on numerous occasions dealt in many unethical business practices such as the one mentioned in these RMA Ritek posts. I also know not think, they are selling GRADE D media which has been resold. The companies they've sold the media too like supermediastore are fully aware of what they are getting, that's why they are getting it so cheap.
    Care to back this info up with factual information proving it to be so, or are you just full of shit ??? You want everyone else to prove everything, how's about proving some of your own rantings ?

I've also already answered the other 3 questions I asked you with real answers and more importantly, real facts.
    Your word against someone else's makes yours facts and theirs opinionated ???

You can fool some people with swift talk and dancing around, but you can't fool most of the people unless you have actual facts. People want to see facts. Of course I wonder where the surprisingly few people who challenged this thing to begin with are now. You not being included in those few smurf. I figured more would of challenged such critical information, but there's evidently alot more intelligent members in this forum then the other way around.
    So where are your "facts" ???

It seems to me like this is an attempt to discredit LS.

Either put up or shut up. No-one here has to prove your "allegations" to be false - you must prove them to be true.
    If in doubt, Google it.

Search Comp PM
    You just aren't worth more then a few seconds of my time.
    And you continue to talk in bubbles....prove your damn point...oh wait you don't have any proof because you have none to begin with....but it's a friend who gave you information regarding RITEK DVD MEDIA and oh wait you were the one who also stated RITEK DVD MEDIA was being sold in OFFICE DEPOT when OFFICE DEPOT never did sell any RITEK DVD MEDIA. you posted you were incorrect about OFFICE DEPOT carrying RITEK only after being told by not just myself but others on this forum that OFFICE DEPOT never did carry RITEK...so tell me do you really think anyone will believe what post in this forum??????????????? from what I've read so far there aren't many who believe you....but you continue to insist that you're much more knowledgable than others in this forum ...."shakes my head"

4. Please keep it civil. The mods are tired of locking media threads of late.
    Perhaps some instant bans may settle the issue once and for all.
    Thanks for your attention.

Mod Offline.

5. Chas, I haven't performed enough tests with the DVD-ROM alone to make any definitive statements. What I noticed with the comparisons between the burner and the ROM drive scans (of same disc) is significantly higher readings in kprobe for the ROM. I'll conduct some more tests with the ROM drive & report back to you.
    If God had intended us not to masturbate he would've made our arms shorter.
    George Carlin

6. Originally Posted by Shocker Milwaukee
    Chas, I haven't performed enough tests with the DVD-ROM alone to make any definitive statements. What I noticed with the comparisons between the burner and the ROM drive scans (of same disc) is significantly higher readings in kprobe for the ROM. I'll conduct some more tests with the ROM drive & report back to you.
    Thanks, I have been getting very high readings with Prodiscs that made no sense in light of results on transfer rate tests and I will sleep better knowing that they are bogus. If they are higher across the board that makes my Ritek readings of PI 14 unbelievable. Now if only the Liteon burners were not so troublesom I would get one just to read Kprobe. Maybe I can find an old 411S on ebay.
    Still a few bugs in the system...

7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    aero, you couldn't of used these disks and had them become unplayable in a month because shop4tech has only had them in stock for 3 weeks.
    Seven weeks in fact. just checked my email receipt.

8. jimmalenko, my posts aren't opinonated, they are factual. Just because I choose not to post the information basically right in front of someones face doesn't make them not factual. Do a search for Kprobe results on this forum alone and you'll see many members with very accurate Kprobe results. Media that is crappy has results which show it and vice-versa.

budz wrote
    but it's a friend who gave you information regarding RITEK DVD MEDIA and oh wait you were the one who also stated RITEK DVD MEDIA was being sold in OFFICE DEPOT when OFFICE DEPOT never did sell any RITEK DVD MEDIA
    No budz, I never said anything about Office Depot or Office Max, you're confused. I only confirmed that the Ritek information was definitely accurate.

I do have a friend that works very closely with a lot of these media sites/companies and i've even been to just about all of thsese online sites offices myself. I'm sure you'll want to know what they look like so i'll be glad to tell you budz. Meritline interstingly enough is the only one of pretty much all of them that actually have their name on the building they are in. You can see them very easily right off of freeway 60. Rima, Newegg, PCClub, allmediaoutlet, shop4tech, they are all within' the same vicinity in the City of Industry.

Does it prove anything that I know where and how these companies look and that i've been to them? No, it doesn't, but the information I get in many cases can and is helpful. Knowing how these sites operate is very intriguing. If you aren't interested then don't read it. I never said I was smarter or better then anyone and even though I had information on that Ritek thread I didn't even comment until supermesdiastore posted. So your facts regarding what I said aren't even close.

Opinons are something someone claims as facts just because they believe one way or another on a specific subject. Read my posts again and show me where there is any opinions anywhere. When you find one, quote it. That goes for any thread i've posted in.

shockermilwaukee, like I said, there isn't a big difference between the burners results and the roms. I've seen the burners results at cdfreaks on many types of media and in some cases there is a difference in the numbers but in other cases there isn't. When I say the "results" are the same I mean the performance results. The numbers Kprobe gives really aren't that important unless they are going to cause performance issues one way or another.

With that being said PO using the burner OR the Rom on most high quality media will yield average results less then 1. That's exactly what high quality media should yield. PI is much, much more flexible. If someone has a PI on brand "X" media of 20 for an average and someone else has a 190 for PI on avg, that really isn't a big deal in most cases because playback ability simply won't be affected.

If someone takes a Taiyo Yuden disk or a Maxell disk right now and uses their LO ROM to test that specific piece of media and it has a PI of 200 and a PO of less then 1, and then they test it with a LITEON burner and the PI is "ZERO" hypothetically speaking, and the PO is also zero it just won't matter. The disk is still going to play flawlessly so what difference does it make?

This is why I don't consider KPROBE as solid as other media quality check tools such as NERO CD SPEED and DVDINFOPRO. DVDINFOPRO tells you in simple terms whether there are errors on the disk or not and NEROCD SPEED will tell you how well that data can be read and/or extracted if need be. It's pretty simple to figure out whereas Kprobe isn't difficult to understand, it's just that the numbers are just that, numbers. The only time it matters is if playback ability is actually affected and with high quality media, regardless of the brand, in most cases it isn't.

Again, these are also facts and not opinons as this information can also be found by searching for advanced techincal info on DVD writes such as parity errors, jitter, etc. There's an interesting article at cdfreaks titled are Kprobe results really valid, or something to that affect. Interesting info in that thread.

aero wrote:
    Seven weeks in fact. just checked my email receipt.
    So like I said, you couldn't of had these particular Matrix disks, unless you had them a month before the site that sold them to you. What's the MID of the disks?

9. what disks have shop4tech sold which have been fakes in the past. Please post some info to back up that claim. I've been reading threads on this forum for years and i've seen several online sites sell fake media but I Don't remember shop4tech being one of them.
    They tried to pass off Piodata as Pioneer OEM discs.

10. They tried to pass off Piodata as Pioneer OEM discs.

Lanevo, the Piodata disks are technically OEM Pioneer disks. Pioneer was, and is, in a Joint Venture with a company called ID INTERACTIVE. Both companies, decided to use part of their corporate names and called the disks PioData. ID Interactive about 2 years ago, when this transpired, had Lead Data initially manufacture these Piodata disks. Pioneer wasn't happy with Lead Data's quality of the disks and then decided to go with Ritek for the majority production of these Piodata disks.

Ritek still currently manufactures these Piodata disks. What is interesting is that their are a lot of laws, restrictions, etc in different regions. When these disks initially started being sold, the head of the Asian Market (Region Director) for Pioneer, Shannon Yu said these disks could be listed as Pioneer OEM, even for business in the States. Shop4tech did nothing wrong there. Ritek is still currently manufacturing over 80% of these Pioneer/Piodata disks. Ritek produces about 5 million pieces of Piodata monthly. If you have any, you should see a Ritek Mid.

11. no wonder on my last purchase of Piodata disc from meriltine, which showed its MID code as Ritek..

12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dvdtek
    no wonder on my last purchase of Piodata disc from meriltine, which showed its MID code as Ritek..
    Just don't buy from shop4tech, they are one of the worste vendors with fake codes, etc. I recently bought their matrix disks. Quite a large number of disks had terrible errors especially above 3.5g. Shop4tech's customer service was rude, and more than a little stupid.

13. why... won't... this... thread... die...

14. Aero, what is your problem? You've basically flat out lied in this thread. What's your purpose? You said you bought "these" Matrix disks, and I asked you what the MID was. You never responded. You then said you looked at your receipt and you bought them 7 weeks ago, I guess that would be more like 2 months ago now. So you once again implied they were the same Matrix disks with the TYG02 mid. Again though, you never specified what the MID was.

By the sound of it you never bought any Matrix disks from shop4tech. None of your posts gel, and they sound like a lot of bologna. Read em' yourself, you'll see. By the way, if you "recently" bought some Matrix disks from shop4tech, why would you of purchased anything from such a horrible company as you said, let alone "quite a large number" as you supposedly purchased from such a horrible company. Doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

Oh, BTW, Aero, dvdtek said they purchased those Piodata disks from meritline, you even quoted them and still said don't buy from shop4tech. Either way, Ritek manufactures 80% of those Piodata disks as I mentioned so having a Ritek MID isn't phoney from meritline or anyone else.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by indolikaa
    why... won't... this... thread... die...
    8)
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

Search Comp PM

17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by indolikaa
    why... won't... this... thread... die...
    basically because this guy DVDeeZ continues to make an idiot of himself and show he doesn't know much. My guess is he has an interest. he went after lordsmurf, who IS an expert and who has a highly respected site which shows the experience we have had with various vendors.

Why DVDeeZ keeps posting outirght lies on certain disks, including kprobes which have been pointed out by several posters as being laughable, is an interesting question. Look at how he has challenged several experts oposting here for years and been caught at being an ignoramous. He also intentionally misquoted smurf.

Perhaps it has something to do with certain vendors.

He even seems to be an expert on which date a certian vendor had a certain emdia for sale...hmmm.

sounds s(h)illy to me.

Let's face it, this thread was started by a poster who only comments on one vendor and in a way that looks like advertising/shilling. When smurf pointed out the general experience with this vendor a few perosns either newly registered or quite ignorant, attacked smurf and others. I see a pattern.

18. aero, I think it's pretty apparent the only person who is making themselves out to be an idiot is you. You have lied several times in this thread Aero, and that's very sad. You tried to imply you had these disks when you didn't. When that didn't work, you tried to post again, granted a week or so later, and say that you "recently" purchased these disks.

You couldn't get a smell more fishy then that. I'm sure you recently purchased these disks from a site you claim is so terrible. You're a liar aero, and for what reason, I have no clue and could care less. But you never purchased these disks it's that obvious and these disks are absolutely excellent. If they aren't then where are all the negative feedback posts on them?

Let's face it, this thread was started by a poster who only comments on one vendor
    It's you that's very laughable aero. I've purchased from many online vendors and even moreso, most of my purchases come from major retailers. I've posted that many times as well. I do prefer shop4tech, no doubt about it. Some prefer rima or supermediastore. Lordsmurf says they could care less about any of those sites and only gives a hoot about supermediastore.

But as far as lordsmurf goes, I never jumped on them, I just made sure it was clear they didn't know what they were talking about on that particular Ritek issue. And they definitely didn't. I also asked them to post their so called contacts names, that way we could clear this up, short, concise, and sweet. Of course, they never did that either. I think it's pretty obvious lordsmurf has a complex. They seemed to feel intimidated and get very defensive when they realized they really didn't have much of a clue. Their information is limited on what they've tested and that's perfectly fine. They just shouldn't attempt to comment on things which they really have no idea. There are other issues there which go deeper then a message board.

If one can think for one second that a giant company wouldn't pull a fast one to make a quick buck if they think they have a full proof method, then they're sadly mistaking and they really don't know the media business.

I hope this information helps you aero, but if you're gonna straight out lie again and just make frivilous things up, at least do it with some intelligence.

Search PM
    jimmalenko, my posts aren't opinonated, they are factual. Just because I choose not to post the information basically right in front of someones face doesn't make them not factual.
    Stats please. Your posts are nothing but opinionated, otherwise you would have posted something to backup your ridiculous rantings. If you are not prepared to justify any of your "facts" then STFU.
    If in doubt, Google it.

20. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    end.