VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is there a freeware cutter that is better for cutting VCD's
    than TMPgenc cuz when I cut with it the Video and Audio get off track Or am I doing something wrong it cuts fine and fast and also keeps it VCD compliant and that I like so what do need to do ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. ifilmedit is real good for VCD it does not work for SVCD but it's real good for VCD
    Quote Quote  
  3. Actually TMPGEnc is allot better the Ifilm edit. I used that one before and its too damn slow. Did you check the the audio was insink before you split it? Did you encode the 0.vob file. I made that mistake the first time and it was about 20 seconds out of line. Did you multiplex the audio and video before you slit or was it already compined to mpg?
    Quote Quote  
  4. also, its always better to cut the original source (e.g. avi using vdub) than the encoded mpeg
    Quote Quote  
  5. why bother with cutting? just encode the bit u need ie source range.

ie, 74min will fit on a 74min cd and 80min for 80min cds (for vcd)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thing is Im not doing DVDs I know I dont need to cut those what it is Im doing is Recording TV shows with my ATI Radeon and cutting out the com's so the file is a VCD compilant Mpeg the the audio is out of sink with the video after I cut but it was perfect before so what are your thoughts

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    NO ONE ELSE HAS ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. just search the forum - cutting and the TMPGEnc out of synch problem has been discussed a LOT

here is one link

http://www.vcdhelp.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=47668&forum=4
    Quote Quote  
  9. My FLIX is a great vcd cutter. I never get out of sync vidoes like i do with tmpgenc. I am not sure if it is freeware but do a search and you are likely to find one.
    Quote Quote