VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I'm Italian, so first I'm sorry for my english.
    I've just one stupid question.
    I'd like to know which is the best way to backup my Blu ray to one dual layer DVD (burned as AVCHD).
    At now I've used ANYDVDHD to rip full DB disk to my hard drive
    (I only need to backup MOVIE-ONLY.)
    After ripping, I have used (tested) Ripbot264 and BD-Rebuilder (both latest release) and then ImgBurn.
    It seems that Ripbot is a little better than Bd-Rebuilder.
    What's Your opinion about that?
    I use to see my copy of BD on a PS3.

P.S. I've even seen that Ripbot make two BD folder on AVCHD folder (BDMV and CERTIFICATE), while BD-Rebuilder create only one folder (BDMV) but both DVD are playable on my PS3 (I've to ckeck).... It's everything ok?
    Thank You in advance and HAPPY NEW YEAR
    Quote Quote  
  2. Your English is quite good, better than some I can think of for whom it is their first language.

AFAIK, the PS3 will only do movie-only on DVD 5/9, but not full-disc. As to the folders, it's nothing to worry about.

You'll find differing opinions on RipBot versus BDRB. I prefer BDRB, mainly because I prefer the layout. Similarly, many people like RipBot for making MKVs, while I like HDConvertToX. But I think RipBot is a good program nevertheless. Use what *YOU* like. If you look "under the hood", so to speak, you'll find that many such programs are front ends for much the same set of ancillary programs. Quality differences will depend more upon specific settings.

Happy New Year to you!
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote