VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just noticed the other day that Meritline now has the BenQ 8x DVD+R hub printables. I got some of these in the past when they were not hub printable. Media code was Daxon AZ2 and many burners have these set to 12-16x speed. They weren't too bad but I switched to Prodisc for their hub printables. Since Prodisc quality has gotten so shakey, I've been looking for a good inexpensive dvd+r thats hub printable. Hopefully these will fill the void.

I ordered some and I will post my results. I wont get them until Friday.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'll be looking forward to your feedback, and the media code of these. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Got them today. I'll do some burn test soon.

Quote Quote  
  4. Doesn't look good. My batch that were not hub printable weren't this bad. Maybe I got a bad batch. Keep in mind I burned this at 12x with my 1620. I'll try a 8x later.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm debating whether or not to pick up some. $100 inkjet hub printable for $29 looking very tempting-
    http://www.meritline.com/benq-8x-dvd-plus-r-dvdplusr-blank-media-discs-printable.html
    But then again, if you got a bad batch, why risk it...hmmm
    Quote Quote  
  6. A general observation: It seems that people are constantly having problems with printable media, the same media codes that they've had no problems with in their non-printable form. We see this all the time with Prodisc and Ritek printable discs, people that have had great luck with those two brands of media have been having all sorts of issues with their printable discs. You can see the trend continue here, Daxon non-printable=good, Daxon printable=bad. About the ONLY media that I've not seen alot of problems with in their printable variety are TY discs.

I can only assume that they're having issues with how they're applying the printable surface. Is it slightly warping the discs when the printing surface cures (warping so slight it wouldn't be visible)? Is the surface not being applied evenly or too heavily and causing weight imbalances, similar to the problems you see with labels, but to a lesser degree?

Whatever the case may be, increased problems with printable discs is an obvious trend.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by steve2713
    About the ONLY media that I've not seen alot of problems with in their printable variety are TY discs.
    Fake TY included
    I swear, I was going to sell them on ebay when I found out they were fakes, but I haven't had any probs, I always go well past the 4GB mark (like 4.38GB), and the prints look just great!
    It was the Ritek printables that convinced me to stop buying Ritek. I always had probs with the Prodisc, never even tried the printables.
    Ok, so I'll just hold off on getting these BenQ's.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I was wondering about that too steve2713.
    What I'm also starting to see is that hub printables seem to have more issues than non-hub printables.
    Quote Quote  
  9. They have gotten better thru the spindle or maybe the drive is learning.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Disc from the second spindle. Maybe the first spindle was bad. These look great. It could also have been the switch in firmware.
    Quote Quote  
  11. That last scan looks DAMN good, it can't get much better than that.
    Quote Quote