VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. I have several Bluray disks.
    I decided to copy their images, for backup storage.
    Unfortunately, the image can not be played on my TV, so I decided to pack the image into the .mkv container with this program
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/MakeMKV
    I'm only interested in one of the question: will the quality of the picture be worse than on the Bluray? or is it the same?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No change in quality or size. I've done this with all my DVD and Blu ray discs, transferring them on to my NAS.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    No change in quality or size. I've done this with all my DVD and Blu ray discs, transferring them on to my NAS.
    this is great news! Many thanks for the information!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All MakeMkv does is copy the existing video and audio streams to a .mkv file, there is no re encoding whatsoever. So no quality loss or change at all. It's really the best archiving solution if you have the drive space and don't want to take the trouble to learn how to properly use an encoder, which is very complex.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Carotis_Interna View Post
    Hello. I have several Bluray disks.
    I decided to copy their images, for backup storage.
    Unfortunately, the image can not be played on my TV, Audacity Find My iPhone Origin so I decided to pack the image into the .mkv container with this program
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/MakeMKV
    I'm only interested in one of the question: will the quality of the picture be worse than on the Bluray? or is it the same?
    No adjustment in quality or size. I've done this with all my DVD and Blu beam plates, exchanging them on to my NAS.
    Last edited by jackymalvirro; 21st Oct 2018 at 12:34.
    Quote Quote