VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been having problems with trying to get MPC to capture full resolution screenshots of videos and I can't seem to figure out why sometimes it only gets the windowed resolution and sometimes it will grab the full 1080. I've had this problem before and I somehow managed to fix it but since I don't usually use the screenshot feature I end up forgetting what I did to solve it the first time around. Any ideas? Using MPC with MadVR.

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    File->Save Image... saves the original file resolution. You can then resize it with any editor if you want higher resolution.

Or do you want a screenshot that is resized to full screen?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah, I want MPC to grab a full native resolution screenshot of the video when I tell it to get a screengrab regardless of what size the player is during the action.

So if its a 720p video resolution file the screenshot will also be the same size even if the videoplayer itself is not at 720p.

I just tried it again and out of a bunch of screens I took, one of them was at the video's native resolution(1080p) while the rest was at the current videoplayer's size.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Today I experienced the same issue and fixed it by switching "DirectShow Video" (found under "Output" in options) from "madVR" to "Sync Renderer".

I am pretty sure that this is basically just disabling MadVR, so you might as well uninstall it if there isn't any good reason to keep it around. It's supposed to give you better video quality, but I haven't noticed a significant enough difference from what I had before installing it and it's preventing me from taking screenshots properly. Into the trash it goes.
    Quote Quote