VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I have a folder with 24bit 192kHz .wav files which are for a DVD-A.

I used Wavelab to burn them to a DVD-A, but the player (Toshiba SD-2500) does not recognize this disk (or the format I believe)).

It does however have a 24bit 192kHz DAC. Does anyone know of any way to burn a DVD-R so that the music will play in all its glory?

Regards,

Martin
    Quote Quote  
  2. Very few players support DVD-Audio,the only way to play is to make a DVD-Video.
    I know the Toshiba 4900 plays DVD-Audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD-Audio feature to playback those discs are found in the higher-end DVD players, which costs several hundred dollars. They also have the ability to play SACD discs as well. Coupled with the correct receiver, the sound quality can blow you away.

VTM
    I have the staff of power, now it's up to me to use it to its full potential to command my life and be successful.
    Quote Quote  
  4. So would it be right to say that the 24 bit, 192kHz DAC labelled on the front of this DVD player is pretty much useless?

Seems a bit like false advertising if so.

Is there any other way I can burn these .wav files and enjoy their quality, and if so what tools/programs would I need? Have searched with no luck so far!

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hiho,

to replay a DVD-Audio you need a DVD-Audio compatible DVD-Player

Toshiba SD-2500 DVD Player
    Advanced 24-bit/192kHz Audio DAC
    DTS and Dolby Digital Compatible Output
    DVD-Video, DVD-R*, VCD, CD, CD-R/RW*, MP3* Compatible
    Enhanced Picture Mode (EPM)
    Enhanced Audio Mode (EAM)
    3-step zoom in and 1 step zoom out
    CD Text Compatibility
    10-bit/27MHz Advanced Video DAC
    Component Video Output
    Optical and Coaxial Digital Output
    sorry dude Toshiba SD-2500 isnīt the right toy for this format!

possible solution:
    Try to author your WAVs (only possible with two channel not multi channel) into a DVD-Video with DVDlab (keep in mind the overall bitstream if youīre chosing your dummy video track - suggestion: use the audio mode inside DVDlab - this will work) and hope your player will accept this curiosity inside a DVD-Video (itīs part of the DVD-Video standard but until now I havenīt found a player which replays it without downsampling it to 48kHz)

give feedback

CYA Daphy
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for the replys folks.

I think I might have to get a new DVD-A compatible DVD player in the near future, as I don't think it's worth downsampling to something near CD quality because I already have the CD.

Thankyou though for confirming my equipment is not up to the task at hand.

Many thanks,

Martin
    Quote Quote