VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I inherited a system at our church. We are trying to do live streaming, and it was successful three years ago. The system is a Windows 7-64 and the capture card is an Avermedia C985 card. I am trying to stream to YouTube. I have tried using OBS software, FMLE, AverMedia RecCentral, and Wirecast. All of these can connect to YouTube and I can stream my desktop, so I am streaming OK. The problem is that my camera (Sony Handycam) is not recognized - hence the "no signal" message. I have tried almost all the video resolutions (720, 1080, etc) with no luck
    Any suggestions? Do I have a bad capture card?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    May be way off the mark here but since no one is replying......

If I see the right capture device, which is intended for gamers, I only see hdmi connections. So how do you connect your camera to this ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    My camera has HDMI out. I connect from the camera to the capture card via an HDMI cable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Fair enough. 'Sony Handycam' could have meant anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might want to try another cable just to eliminate that possibility.

Also go to

http://www.avermedia.com/gaming/download/live_gamer_hd#tab-0

and get the latest drivers/firmware

Some comments there about HDCP issues.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Make sure the software is set to take input from HDMI, not another port (if any).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    And make sure the camera is set to output HDMI in a config that the card can digest.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I checked the cable by connecting to a monitor. It seems to work fine, so assume the cable is good. I had already updated software drivers. I also have tried several different outputs (1080, 720, etc) from the camera. I also tried different settings in the Avermedia RecCentral software. I have concluded that I have a bad card, unless I have overlooked something else.
    BTW, the camera only outputs HDMI and the capture card has on input and one output port. Both are HDMI, so that is the only format that it accepts. And yes, I verified that I have the HDMI cable inserted into the input port. Something just occurred to me and that is that the capture card is labeled wrong for input and output. However, this supposedly worked this way before.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Stupid question time.

If you had this working 3 or so years ago then why can you not simply replicate that situation ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    That is the sixty-four dollar question. This setup was done by someone else. I just inherited it, and have seen where it was used successfully, so assume it is still working. That might be a bad assumption, and I am assuming the capture card is bad.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try physically removing the C985 card. Check the contacts for oxidation, then re-install the card. Sometimes cards shift slightly over time or the contacts become oxidized.

[Edit]Also check Device Manager and see if the device is working properly.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote