VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
    Why I would need your encoded file? Share originals only.
    https://we.tl/t-kAfvkb3cB0
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Increased luma range fixed it:
    InpaintDelogo(Loc="4,990,-1380,-4", DynMask=3, DynTune="140 - 215", DynColor=$FFB900, DynColorTol=65, DynInflate=2, Dyn3Seq=52)
    Old vs New:
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Cool! Thanks, this looks good!

Btw, CRF is standard set to 21 in AvsPmod (scriptencoder). Is there a way to put this vallue to another standard vallue?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Rockel83 View Post
    Is there a way to put this vallue to another standard vallue?
    Yes, don't you have keyboard?

EDIT:
    It can be changed with mouse too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, but it's set back to 21 everytime I open script encoder.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
    No idea. Ask the developer -> https://github.com/gispos/AvsPmod/discussions
    Tools -> Script Encoder (CLI)... set crf value in ffmpeg command line.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've set it to CRF 19 now, but files are getting quite big. Bigger then the orriginal files together
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Rockel83 View Post
    I've set it to CRF 19 now, but files are getting quite big. Bigger then the orriginal files together
    So what?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
    Command line resets too.
    You're right.

This appears to work: look in the tools folder. Edit encoder_gui.py with Notepad. Change the line:

Code:
            self.ctrlDict['ffmpeg'] = (_('Quality CRF (0-51):'), 21, 0, 51)
    to:

Code:
            self.ctrlDict['ffmpeg'] = (_('Quality CRF (0-51):'), 19, 0, 51)
    Note only the value 21 was changed to 19. Save the file.

I suspect you'll have to repeat the edit after upgrading.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Command line resets too.
    You're right.

This appears to work: look in the tools folder. Edit encoder_gui.py with Notepad. Change the line:

Code:
            self.ctrlDict['ffmpeg'] = (_('Quality CRF (0-51):'), 21, 0, 51)
    to:

Code:
            self.ctrlDict['ffmpeg'] = (_('Quality CRF (0-51):'), 19, 0, 51)
    Note only the value 21 was changed to 19. Save the file.

I suspect you'll have to repeat the edit after upgrading.
    This seems to work yes, Thanks!
    I've set the standard value back to CRF-18 now and the results looks great! Nailed the timestamp completely with the help of both of you!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYUqaVSQXpA

So what?
    Well, because it does not to seem verry consistent.

All the clips are filmed with the same camera with the same settings. They're all about 400 to 500MB in size (for the full 3min. cut) and have all a bitrate around 20.000kps.

I'm using the same scripts and settings for all the video's now. And 1 video comes out 2 à 3 times the size of alll the clips combined with a bitrate of over 50.000kps. While other video's come out half the size with a bitrate of around 10.000kps.
    And other video's come out almost in the exact size and bitrate.

All with the same settings.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Rockel83 View Post
    So what?
    Well, because it does not to seem verry consistent.

All the clips are filmed with the same camera with the same settings. They're all about 400 to 500MB in size (for the full 3min. cut) and have all a bitrate around 20.000kps.

I'm using the same scripts and settings for all the video's now. And 1 video comes out 2 à 3 times the size of alll the clips combined with a bitrate of over 50.000kps. While other video's come out half the size with a bitrate of around 10.000kps.
    And other video's come out almost in the exact size and bitrate.

All with the same settings.
    That is the entire point of crf encoding. The camera you are using appeasr to output a constant bitrate of 20 Mb/s. For some of your clips that was way more than was necessary (the nearly all black one for example). For others it was woefully too little (the motorboating video has lost most of the detail, is full of blurry blocks, and DCT ringing in the choppy water, the sky is badly posterized). Of course, the damage is already done. x264 is trying to prevent more damage.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Oh I see, thanks for clarifying this. Makes sense!
    I was thinking already that there should be a big difference in information in a video that is mainly dark. Or a video which contains a lot more of detail.

I've decided to export all in CRF18.

Some files will come out much bigger this way. Others much smaller, like the night video's. It compensates a bit

I was thinking that going much lower then 18 shouldn't make much sense either. Because it's clearly no 4k quality that I'm trying to maintain here haha

Edit:
    One file reached 10GB now haha
    Last edited by Rockel83; 15th Jun 2022 at 14:39.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Update:

Sorry, got a lot of things on my head since my last visit. But I still would like to thank everybody who had helped me in this, especially @VoodooFX for providing this great way of removing the timestamp!

I managed to edit the video's now, these are some results now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn0CA0Qm4vg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVpPvFOmymE

And I'm happy to have removed the timestamps with you help. It prevented me of cropping a lot. At some detailed parts there's still a bit of a blurry background, but it actually doesn't botter me. I'm verry happy having removed the timestamp!

Question @VoodooFX:
    To my understanding, did you had to adjust/ customize the timestamp mask to fit my specific video timestamps?
    Quote Quote  
  14. The timestamp removal is pretty good but why is the video encoded at 50p? The sources appear to have been 30 fps and 60 fps. 60 fps would have given smoother results.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The timestamp removal is pretty good but why is the video encoded at 50p? The sources appear to have been 30 fps and 60 fps. 60 fps would have given smoother results.
    It was the only option Pinnacle studio was giving regarding to the NTSC/PAL settings. It let me only choose between 25/50 in NTSC and I believe 30/60 in PAL.
    But yes, the timestamp removal looks really good! I'm glad being helped out with this!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Question @VoodooFX:
    To my understanding, did you had to adjust/ customize the timestamp mask to fit my specific video timestamps?
    Yes, settings were tuned specifically for your timestamps.
    Removal on your videos looks even better than I would expect.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Question @VoodooFX:
    Yes, settings were tuned specifically for your timestamps.
    Removal on your videos looks even better than I would expect.
    Yes! It looks really good. Sometimes it's more visable then other times, depending on the speed and the details. But it's that I know that there was a verry annoying timestamp before. At other parts it completely not noticable annymore. I'm verry happy with it!

Thanks a lot for helping me out with this. And even more thanks doing the effort of adjusting the timestamp for my purpose! Appreciate it a lot!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Rockel83 View Post
    It was the only option Pinnacle studio was giving regarding to the NTSC/PAL settings. It let me only choose between 25/50 in NTSC and I believe 30/60 in PAL.
    It must have been the other way around. 25/50 is PAL, 30/60 is NTSC. Matching the output to your source will generally give the smoothest result.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You're right ofcourse, it's the other way around hahaha. It's verry late here already haha

But yes, I think I had to make a choice there back then. Because I used diffrent sources, and other camera's I used recorded in 50fps. And I'm sure if it's working like this. But I thought that it could be easier to revert 60fps to 50fps because it just needs to skip a few frames then. Then the other way around, converting 50fps to 60fps, missing 10 frames then. So probably duplicates a few frames then?
    Quote Quote