VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello. I am having quite a bit of problems with a video that I am working on. It is very important to me and just now, in the final stage, did my capture card decide to start giving me problems.

My Hauppauge PVR 150 capture card has worked fine for years and I managed to record quite a bit of footage with it for my video, but then I took a break for some months and didn't work on it at all. Then, when I felt like recording again my capture card wouldn't work properly! Every channel EXCEPT for the one that the PS2 is connected to will work. I have no idea why this is.

My Capture Card in the PC is connected to my VCR and through there, it gets all the channels on the TV. I can record these channels on my PC using WinTV2000. But WinTV2000 won't find the AV-channel on my VCR where my PS2 is hooked up. If it does find it, the image is all messed up!

I don't know how to fix this so I am thinking of perhaps a quick solution; Buying a new capture card, a cheap USB one, so that I can record the rest of the video with my PS2.

I am thinking of getting a Easycap USB capture device: http://s3.pji.nu/product/standard/800/454214.jpg

You can just plug your PS2 into it and record that way. But from reading a bunch of reviews, apparently it has a delay for a few seconds with the PS2. I can't have any delay because that would make recording impossible.

There is a way to solve this. Apparently you can get a RCA Splitter and make sure that your PS2 is connected to both the TV and the PC, which would enable you to record properly. But I don't know how to do this? I don't know how to use a RCA splitter and how Im supposed to hook the PS2 up to two things at once?

Another way to solve this would be to buy a USB Capture Device which works a lot smoother then the Easycap one and doesn't have any delay per standard. But I don't know which one would be that great? Any suggestions?

Help is very much appreciated.
    Sincerely, Teryo.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Schema using RCA splitter and any analog capture card.

Any doubt, reply.

Click image for larger version

Name:	f0ybq.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	12774

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks! I found a video that explains it much better though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUG2Y0NxXcc

Now I understand how a RCA splitter works.

I still have to ask, however. It seems that the Easycap USB has rather meh quality for recordings. Is there any other USB capture device that has pretty good quality? Im not looking for HD but I don't want blurry videos either.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Teryolilio View Post
    I still have to ask, however. It seems that the Easycap USB has rather meh quality for recordings. Is there any other USB capture device that has pretty good quality? Im not looking for HD but I don't want blurry videos either.

My videos using Easycap:

All videos record in Virtualdub software.

Look my latest video [VIRTUALDUB] Guia Definitivo de Gravação!!! (Virtualdub Definitive guide - Its portuguese language but all software in english, easy to learn.)

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Damn! Those are some pretty nice quality videos! And you managed to get it that way using Virtualdub? I guess something could be arranged then. Thank you for the help!
    Quote Quote