VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have VCD which I can not play on my DVD player(Pioneer DV-434) I have other VCDs which works great. This VCD works fine on computer in media player 7.1 but for some reason it would not play on DVD player. I have codefree DVD player, but I do not know which format the VCD is in may be this is a problem...Can any body help me

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As you have played selfmade VCD's before on your DVD Player, see what the difference is between the one that doesn't play and the one's that do. Is the disk clean? Did you use a different type of media? Did you change the process is someway. Sometimes it will work if you use VCDgear to extract the dat file from the disk and re-burn it again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I bought VCDs from different places on the net. I have no problem playing them. I recently bought two VCDs and they both have problem. I never burn any thing my self. I have extracted the dat file and following the procedure to reburn it new VCD. It may work
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You should check via the DVD Compatibility list if you are using the correct media for your player - this could be the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. According to the list my DVD player supports all CD-Rs, but the question is how I suppose to know when I buy VCDs if it is burn on CDR or CDRW. My DVD player supports VCD,CD.
    Quote Quote  
  6. According to the list my DVD player supports all CD-Rs, but the question is how I suppose to know when I buy VCDs if it is burn on CDR or CDRW. My DVD player supports VCD,CD.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you purchase VCD's they are or rather should be "pressed" not burnt CD's. If you have purchased VCD's that have been burnt, they are then pirated copies. If you have purchased them from a reputable website, store etc. and your DVD player does not play them, the store, website etc. will usually give you a replacement or refund.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks for help everybody. I converted the DAT file to mpeg using VCDgear and reburned it back to VCD using my CDR. Works fine now.
    Quote Quote