VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Bear for me to ask this true dummy-question:
    All the clips stays on screen when I've finished capturing one tape and start a new one, even though I set a new capture-folder. I cannot find something like "New project" or "New tape" - I would like a blank canvas when I start capturing a new tape.
    How to do?

/Peter.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I just started capturing some Hi8 tapes and noticed this as well. I just have Scenalyzer go to a "capture" folder, then when I'm done with a tape I close Scenalyzer, copy the files from "capture" to another folder that describes what is on the tape, and restart Scenalyzer which now has a blank slate.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, peasantdave

I ended up doing something likewise. However, you can set the capture folder in Scenalyzer, so no need to copy the files. After capturing one tape I simply click the wide "capture-folder" button on top, create a new folder for the next tape, go into that folder, close Scenalyzer and starts it up again. Then it's already in the right folder when it starts again with a blank slate.

Also, Scenalyzer has a pretty smart function which will rewind the tape and start capturing right away. However, I found that this function sometimes works correctly, but sometimes it only rewinds a little and the starts capturing (not at the beginning of the tape).

/peter.

Originally Posted by peasantdave View Post
    I just started capturing some Hi8 tapes and noticed this as well. I just have Scenalyzer go to a "capture" folder, then when I'm done with a tape I close Scenalyzer, copy the files from "capture" to another folder that describes what is on the tape, and restart Scenalyzer which now has a blank slate.
    Quote Quote