VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    hi guys i have a 12gb rip of the movie 10000 BC.
    but this movie is not full HD as the 720p version i have seen on websites is 1280x520 and the 1080p versions are 1920x800 so therefore this movie is not full HD.
    but the problem is with the one i have,under media info this movie is wrongly labelled as 1920x1080.thats actually the mistake of the person who ripped it.
    so because of that i cant zoom the movie in some players,because it is falsely detected as 1080p,so it wont zoom the video to fill the screen.all the videos which are correctly labelled as 800p gets zoomed by the players which i have and the 1080p ones dont get zoomed.so this movie is having black bars on top and bottom but it still is labelled as 1920x1080p.
    so is there any way i can edit the properties of this mkv for changing the pixel height and width,without converting the video?
    OR
    If i have to convert then how can i do so without losing any quality?

better would be to tell me a way to edit the properties somehow.i want to change the pixel height and width to 1920x800

2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It should be 1920x1080p with black borders at top and bottom because it's 2:35:1 aspect ratio.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 3rd Sep 2013 at 10:02.

3. A 2.35:1 movie isn't supposed to fill a 1.78:1 (16:9) TV screen. It should fit the width of the screen but there should be letterbox bars top and bottom. Only made for TV material is shot at 16:9.

4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    wait i dont think the above stuff what u told make any sense.
    then how come the other versions of the same movie 10000 BC is labelled as 1920x800 for the 1080p version and 1280x520 for the 720p version?
    and only this one is labelled as 1920x1080 but with black bars on the top and bottom?
    so if u do not know answers dont just post them.
    reply if you know the real way to do it.
    im just here to get answer from someone who has knowledge so that i can edit the pixel height and width to 1920x800 so as to be able to zoom and watch on my HD player or else there is no way to zoom

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's put you two in your places Baldrick and jagabo Damn know-nothing newbies you 2 are
    Hehehe

6. I surprised Baldrick didn't lock this thread as it discusses wares. Personally, I don't care. But it's against the rules here.

Nevertheless, the only ways a 2:35:1 movie can fill the screen of a 16:9 TV are to add letterbox bars top and bottom, stretch the picture vertically so everyone looks tall and skinny, or zoom in until the picture fills the height of the screen but the left and right edges of the frame are cut off.

Starting another thread with the same question will not change that fact.

7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just buy the blu-ray then and check! You will see black borders.