VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Does anybody have the problem of the picture "flipping" vertically as well as the "2/3" problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FTP will close now as the sample/test has been relocated:

New PAL & NTSC samples are availiable for you to try (including the Pioneer test sample): see Samples on the site@:

http://www.svcd2dvdmpg.com
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Results so far:

Works on:
    DV-414
    DV-525
    DV-333

not on
    626D
    Quote Quote  
  4. NTSC sample works on Pioneer DV-343 as long as its in pan-in-scan mode, sample looked great too.

Previously if I tried to play DVD-SVCDs it would have the picture to the left side and squeezed about 2/3 original size.

Look forward to using this tool more often. Even if I have to install .NET framework.

Zeg

P.S. I'll try the PAL sample later, I have to go to bed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ZeggyZon:

Glad you had some success. Was it the Pioneer sample you tried or just the NTSC_SVCD sample?

BTW: .Net framework isn't that bad!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I tried the Pioneer NTSC DVD-SVCD Sample and it works fine if I set the dvd player to 4:3 pan& scan or 16:9 widescreen.

I also tried the NTSC DVD-SVCD Sample and it works fine in all different video modes.

I have a Pioneer dv-444.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BaldricK:

Does that mean that your 444 will play anything then? I.e the patch is not required for that model.

Seems to me that there is quite a lot of inconsistancy amongst the the various Pioneers: most need the fix, some don't & a few (1 so far) don't play anything!

Thanks for testing

CB.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, no special patch is required for the dv-444. I tried the pal and it worked fine in all video modes also.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Sensei2121
    LOL Ill not get a 50 dollar Apex thats for sure. I have a really darn good DVD player. It is this one SVCD that is giving me trouble. It is the only one I care to transfer to DVD. it is that damn Two towers prescreener SVCD that says for your consideration. Ill bet you are familiar with it and maybe it was the way it was created that is making this dificult. But then again as an after thought it cant be just that cause your test files didnt work either...hmmmm. Well since I have moved on to copying DVD's directly my days of SVCD's are in the past but I would really like to get this movie on a DVD media and its just kickin my butt. It works great on the 4 cdr's with no problem its just this conversion process that seems to giving me fits. I do really appreciate your help though.
    Sensei
    This is the first one I tried and picture wise its great BUT I got no audio on my HT kit, but it worked OK on a samsung dvd/vcr unit, I changed the audio to ac3 and it then worked!!!
    Quote Quote  
  10. sample worked for me too.

can't wait to get the fix in the program?
    when is that coming?

i have a ton of movies i'm trying to get off my hard drive and want to burn them properly for my pioneer.

btw-will the pioneer fix affect the way they play on other dvd players?

anxious
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well i have a version ready for testing. I'm not 100% happy about it as it isn't the most efficeient algorithm i've ever written...

That said, this is a call for all existing users to beta test it if they are likley to benefit (i.e you have already tried the sample on the site and it works)

So if you want to test the program with this SDE patch drop me an email & I'll send it to you.

logville

btw-will the pioneer fix affect the way they play on other dvd players?
    good question - wanna give it a try?

CB
    Quote Quote  
  12. Its the sample from http://www2.svcd2dvdmpg.com/Testers/PIONEER_NTSC_SAMPLE.zip so yes its the specific Pioneer sample.

I am also curious when this will be incorporated into the program and what its effect on other dvd players are.

Zeg
    Quote Quote  
  13. good question - wanna give it a try?
    I tested the Pioneer NTSC sample on a Go Video DVR4400

It played it just fine as far as I can tell, the aspect ratio seemed a little weird but then again its on an unfamiliar TV so it could just be me.

Zeg
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    Results so far:

Works on:
    DV-414
    DV-525
    DV-333

not on
    626D
    You can add the c603c as working properly in Pan&Scan.
    For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nostradumbass: Excellent!

Results so far:

Works on:
    DV-414
    DV-525
    DV-333
    c603c

not on
    626D
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to everyones testing i just released the "SVCD, NTSC Pan and Scan header insertions" version aka The Pioneer Fix.

http://www.svcd2dvdmpg.com/svcd2dvdmpg/FAQ/FAQPioneerDVDPlayers.htm
    Quote Quote  
  17. The DV-535 also works fine
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by spidey
    I have a Pioner DV503, and quite simply just frameserve the old SVCD m2v's through CCE via avisynth to resize it.

CCE is so fast re-encoding it is a minimal sacrifice.

THen you'd simply SSRC your SVCD Mp2 audio to 48 khz and ac3 via any of the various methods.

No problems at all, but I am taking the extra time to re-encode the vid stream and not trick it. My trials and errors with the "tricks" only tricked me into wasting discs...........
    Sorry I lost this thread - I haven't read much more below - but no, resizing them using avisynth and CCE does not distort or blur them at all. To ac3 the mp2, as I mentioned I use SSRC to change the framerate of the mp2, then run it through Scenarist's ac3 engine, or Vegs 4's.

I do everything for ntsc, so yes it is 720 x 480 from 480 x 480

If you use FitCD to create your scripts, it inserts boundaries for you without probelm, and sets your aspect ratio perfectly...
    ~~~Spidey~~~

"Gonna find my time in Heaven, cause I did my time in Hell........I wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well......" - The Man - Keef Riffards
    Quote Quote  
  20. The sample works in my Pioneer DV-C503. Now I'm sitting here waiting for my email link to show up so I can get the plus version and try this out for myself!

Quote Quote  
  21. Well I got my copy of SVCD2DVDMPG+ with the new pan and scan option and it almost works for me. When I use SVCD2DVDMPG+ to author the DVD the playback on my Pioneer fills the screen but about 2" of the video (on a 27" TV) is pushed off the left side of the screen and wraps around to the right side.

I also tried to output elementary streams and author with TMPEG DVD Author and then use SVCD2DVDMPPG+ to patch the VOB files but that just gave me the same old 1/2 screen problem.

-falderal
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    falderal: are you saying the sample worked but not the program? Was your SVCD PAL or NTSC?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Yes. The sample works fine but when I try to create one myself it doesn't quite work. I'm NTSC. I tried a couple different SVCD source files and a couple Burn programs with the same results. I'm not sure what I should try next.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    falderal: i think i may have found (& fixed) a bug. email me & I'll send you the fix to test.

Wish i had a Pioneer!! NOT.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Is everyone else having success with this but me? I'm still confused as to why the sample works perfectly but when I generate a DVD on my own the video slides a little to the left.

Does anyone else have a DV-C503?

-falderal
    Quote Quote  
  26. Update:

ChrissyBoy just did an update to SVCD2DVDMPG+ and now it works like a charm! The bug has been squashed!
    Quote Quote  
  27. pioneer DV-515 works as well. Is it possible to do this without ur software?
    http://dvd.coldpie.com - where you can download versions of DVD2DVDR.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well its nothing new - MPEGRepair can also do it.

from thier site:
    MPEGRepair now includes capability for inserting the Pan & Scan info into your existing MPEG Stream.
    but you also get a bunch of other stuff for the $2,995.00 price tag.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Does there need to be specific data in the IFO file for this to work? I'm trying to get files that are run through SVCD2DVDMPG+ authored in other software. TMPG DVD Author for example won't produce a DVD playable on a pioneer. It doesn't seem to be "breaking" the SDE patched MPG file... but there's something that it isn't doing that SVCD2DVDMPG+ is doing when it generates DVD folders.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you need to produce a 16:9 DVD in the "other" authoring packages.
    Quote Quote