VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    there was a site i used about a year ago that would let you convert youtube videos to xvid avi from the 1080p video and you could choose the resolution you wanted the video saved too

i can't find the site now
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    It will probably not provide optimal quality anyway. Better download the original video with best possible quality (e.g. using youtube-dl as CLI tool or CYS as Firefox addon) and convert using your personal preferences. Web services can't be really free, they will expect one or another kind of payment for their costs, may it just be sharing your privacy with advertizing networks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    There is more reputable and really free (including ad-free) software than this... like: MeGUI / StaxRip x64 / Hybrid / VidCoder / TEncoder / FFCoder / Avanti / XMedia Recode ... and even VirtualDub FilterMod.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i was able to find the site now http://www.saveclipbro.com
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jamespoo View Post
    there was a site i used about a year ago that would let you convert youtube videos to xvid avi from the 1080p video and you could choose the resolution you wanted the video saved too

i can't find the site now
    The site I'm using myself is www.flvto.biz/youtube-to-mp4/ as it offers a free service with a lot of options to choose from. Honestly, I can't understand people that download music without clips, it feels so bland and boring for me to listen to the music without the clip, as they put some thought in creating the clip and it complements the music a lot. I found it to be a lot more fun to get the clip in HD and just look at it from time to time, it just feels differently.
    Quote Quote