VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Nvidia Geforce Fx 5200 in one of my retro computers. And want a bigger card. What Nvidia cards suits AGP 8x? Usual DDR.

https://www.backoffice.be/prod_uk/Acer/91.tf880.t93_acer_aspire_t120_tower_1_x_athlon_xp_2600+_.asp

The card must have 3 pins.

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What video output ports do you want? What is the maximum amount that you are willing to spend on a new video card? A better and more recent NVIDIA AGP card than the one you have that still works will be hard to find and it will not be cheap.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. I want at least one DVI and one Vga. Yes i know the problem. The most cards has 2 pins or DDR2. I guess the 256mb cards also needs more power? Around 50.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by OldSchool297 View Post
    I want at least one DVI and one Vga. Yes i know the problem. The most cards has 2 pins or DDR2. I guess the 256mb cards also needs more power? Around 50.
    The cutouts in an AGP card's motherboard connection have to do with the voltage that the card requires. The cuts prevent someone from installing a card in an AGP slot with the wrong voltage, which could damage the card. Your NVIDIA Geforce Fx 5200 was keyed with 2 cutouts so, apparently, it could be installed in a motherboard with either a 1.5 V or a 3.3 V AGP slot.

I was looking for NVIDIA GeForce 7000 series cards, which were the last AGP video cards made by NVIDIA. The AGP version of those cards is harder to find and more expensive, particularly if the card is in good shape. Some of them had 2 DVI connections.

If the Palit Geforce FX5600XT 256MB DDR AGP really is in good condition, it should work.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 9th Oct 2022 at 12:08. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is there any other 256mb cards from Nvidia that suits?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think I can be helpful to you. You probably know more about AGP graphics cards and the sources that sell them in Sweden than I do.
    Quote Quote  
  7. https://www.ebay.com/itm/175370799494 seems to be highest in nvidia 256mb with ddr?
    Quote Quote