VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Walmart was the emerson ewr 10d4 for $169. What have been your experences with this dvd recorder and is it any good as a player??

Thanks

caz
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've been hoping for some more comments on this unit. I purchased one in August. I've been quite happy with it. Most of my recording is done at 2hr mode.

Pretty reliable set, I've had problems maybe twice in that time, both time when I was trying to set up a recording for something that had either already started or was just starting, but that I needed on a timer rather than one button recording.

Pic quality is pretty good (I'm watching these on different DVD player, and on a 65inch HD tv, so flaws show up pretty readily when they exist).

I had tried an Aspire from WalMart earlier, but returned it after two weeks. This one was a keeper, it primarily records OTA and Satellite from Dishnetwork. Makes a good replacmenet for a VCR.

It does not record on the newer 4X DVD-RW, but thats a problem for some others as well, if you stick with 1-2X DVD-RW's it works fine. I've bought pretty cheap spindles, and no problems, either recording or with playing back (mainly on an Onkyo DVD changer).

Rick
    Quote Quote