VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    My DVR died about 15 years ago and I saved the HD because it had some important recordings of my family that I transferred of a DV camera back then. However there wasn't anything at the time I could find to read the HD on a computer (because of RAW format). The other day I tried again using an EASEUS data recovery tool and an IDE to USB converter cable. To my big surprise it restored everything. My problem is that all video files contain the recordings in short few second fragments one after the next mixed with content recorder of TV. There are a lot of MPGs and two large SWF files all playable. There is also a WPG file (WordPerfect??) and a TIF that is 100Mb but I can't open those in any meaningful way. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this structure and way how this is stored? I'm not sure if the fragmented content is the result of the data recovery or it is how it was actually stored on the HD by the DVR. Worst case I can take all files and edit he whole content by manually patching everything but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing something simple that would enable me to avoid this process. Perhaps the WPG contains timecodes that could be somehow used I'm not sure.
    Thanks in advance if anyone has a tip!
    Quote Quote  
  2. The latest version of ISObuster should solve this for you.

There have been several posts here and at AVSforum regarding ISObuster's newly added (and rather miraculous) ability to scavenge DVD/HDD recorder hard drives and output coherent, normal video files from the contents. Activating the feature requires paying for the software, but I would think its worth it to avoid manually piecing together so many fragments.

More details start with this VH post in a Pioneer DVR-520 thread.
    Last edited by orsetto; 13th Dec 2019 at 13:10.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by orsetto View Post
    The latest version of ISObuster should solve this for you.

There have been several posts here and at AVSforum regarding ISObuster's newly added (and rather miraculous) ability to scavenge DVD/HDD recorder hard drives and output coherent, normal video files from the contents. Activating the feature requires paying for the software, but I would think its worth it to avoid manually piecing together so many fragments.

More details start with this VH post in a Pioneer DVR-520 thread.
    Thanks so much!
    Quote Quote