VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everybody! Right off the bat I got to say that I know almost nothing about analogic cameras and stuff, so sorry if im being stupid or something . Recently I bought a Panasonic RJ17 Palmcorder VHS-C. At the same time its a Camcorder, it works as a VCR too. I bought a RCA video grabber called EasyCAP Dc60. So, when I got the two, I turned on the camera (instead of setting it to VCR mode, I set to camera mode, because I didn't had a VHS tape inside the camera), then I plugged the video grabber on my PC, and plugged the palmcorder a/v output in the RCA input of the video grabber. When I opened the software that came with the video grabber (one called honestech VHS to DVD 3.0 SE) on my computer, I got a pretty dark and glitchy image from the camera, even though the image that comes from the camera's display is good and nice. At first i thought it was faulty cable connection, but when I touch the RCA cable's conectors the image stayed the same way. Then I thought the cable was bad, but when I changed it to another cable I got the same results. I don't know if the problem is the capture software I'm using, the video grabber or the camera's a/v output jack. Do anybody knows how to fix this? is anything that I could do to solve this problem? thanks!

I recorded a video showing what type of image I'm gettingusing the video grabber mentioned)
    https://youtu.be/lGkLfBx-2Os
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You mentioned that the camera's own display looks good, but did you try connecting the RCA cables to a display like a TV?

Is audio working correctly?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I connected the camera to my TV with the RCA cable. The image I got was as good, like it shows in the camera's display, but I got vertical rolling. I searched in the internet about the vertical rolling, and I read somewhere that it was normal getting vertical rolling when VCRs are connected to modern TVs. Is that right??
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No. Modern TVs should display VHS without vertical rolling.

Possibly try changing the Video Standard of the capture card. Should be NTSC or PAL-M. But I wouldn't expect you to be getting as much color as you're getting, if that's the issue.

Best example I could find, but this is PAL-N Argentina I think: https://youtu.be/pNR88PSMmLk
    Quote Quote