VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TruGaming View Post
    It's not detecting the device now. *I'll regret bumping if I'm banned*
    It's not considered bumping if you have something new and meaningful to add that is relevant to the discussion.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Find anyone competent to do the following:

Uninstall the software

Uninstall the hardware

Clean registry - CCleaner by Piriform. It will do no harm.

Download latest CORRECT drivers and software. VERIFY OS requirement, service pack required, any other requirements.

Reboot

Reinstall Hardware. VERIFY detection in Device Manager. If not detected, this indicates either you have done something wrong or the device is defective.

After hardware verified, then install software.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Nelson..
    Would be nice to provide links
    How do I uninstall the "hardware?"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Normally you would uninstall any listed drivers, remove in Device Manager if present, then, finally, pull on the little USB stick until it comes out of the PC.

It would be nice if you would put some effort into solving your own problem. Google either CCleaner or piriform. You might even try piriform.com.

Unless the instructions say otherwise, DO NOT plug in the USB device until AFTER you have installed the drivers. If you are not already aware of this nearly Ironclad Rule, I strongly recommend you find someone who does that is willing to help you with your problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. But what if Device Manager Driver things NOT Present? And Sorry I asked for links.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Then don't remove it from there.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1: Disconnect the device from system

2: Click "start", then " control panel".

3: Now in control panel look up to the right corner and you will see either

a) View by: category

or

b) view by: small icons (large icons)

4: If A then under the word "programs" click the link "uninstall a program"

5: If B then click "programs and features"

6: Now click on the program belonging to the pvr device and then click on "uninstall" which appears above the list of program names.

Important:

Firstly uninstall the software program which was downloaded ... sometimes only the genuine supplied programs on cd are reliable.

Next uninstall the original suite which was installed from the cd.

Next, go through list and check if the pvr driver package exists, if so uninstall it ... generally uninstalling the original program also removes the drivers package.

7: Reboot system

-----

8: Next step is to download an antivirus, I suggest avast free ... once done disconnect from the net.

This is because you are now going to use a restore point and it may cause your current av product to also be reverted to an outdated version.

It would be nice if your system has the one prior to the pvr being installed as it gets rid of nagging junk in the registry which might have led to the problem developing.

9: Start > control panel

Up right please change the "view as" to read small icons

Click on System

Next look in left hand side, you need to click on "system protection"

Now click on the button which reads "system restore"

Next window click "next"

There are 3 sections here for each typical situation, please choose the best one for you situation based on what shows in the restore point manager ... do not attempt all 3.

A: If you see a check point for the pvr program install, click to highlight it then click "next" ... follow the prompts till completed then reboot system.

B: If you dont see it then choose one prior to issues developing and follow the prompts till completed then reboot system.

C: If neither A or B, then choose last restore point .... follow the prompts till completed then reboot system.

D: Yes I know this is 4 but in the case A, B, and C do not exist then it would appear your without any suitable restore points ... if the case is serious system corruption ... in particular to .NET or other development packages, then only a complete system reinstall will be of any help ... thou if the device has developed a defect then this is all null.

In the later, and as suggested, I highly recommend seeing a local computer technician and have them test the device on another system ... a small price to pay for a direct answer to the problem ... if they get it to work you at least know its not the device at fault and then know its your system with the issue.

----

10: In any case, restore point used, or none available, reboot system once more and then repeat the install of the device from the CD only ... do not connect the device until the install completes and you have rebooted the system ... this is how usb capture devices should be installed.

11: Final note

If you did all the above and DID use a restore point please install the downloaded av product before reconnecting to the net for your systems security.

-----

12: There's also a chance you might need to try an alternative usb port on the system ... they do cop a bit of wear and tear from devices being unplugged and swapped ... some become "iffy"

I like iffy > Meaning that things are close to a true balance, but that it could go either way depending on what happens

LOL
    Quote Quote