VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I am using the freeware version of VOB2MPG. If there is somewhere else I should post this thread, please advise me.

I am taking VOB files ripped using DVD Decrypter and assembling them as one file using VOB2MPG freeware. After I join the files, I find that suddenly I have both French and English running at the same time. The VOB files, before joining, are just in English; now I have both French and English. Is there a setting somewhere within VOB2MPG to turn off the French before or after joining the files.

I also tried the same procedure using files ripped using DVD SHRINK, with the same result: French and English running at the same time.

Somebody in another forum suggested I try DVD Fab to rip the videos, but it takes forever and I've never had this issue before with either DVD SHRINK or DVD Decrypter.

I appreciate anyone's insight into this issue.

Thank You, SL417.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Remove one of the audio track with dvdshrink, output , use vob2mpg. (Or I think you can output as one vob in dvdshrink also).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Baldrick, as far as I can tell, I only had English checked when I ripped with DVD SHRINK. I unchecked all other languages. Also, when I played the ripped VOB clips before putting them into VOB2MPG, they played fine with only English audio. This is the puzzling part. The French only appeared AFTER I joined the clips together with VOB2MPG. That is what is puzzling me. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Open the mpg with tsmuxer and see if it's two audio tracks.
    Quote Quote