VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay I need some help.

Using youtube-dl, I've been able to download most episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation. The very first episode, however, is DRM protected so youtube-dl can't download it. I'm able to find the .mpd file, but am at a loss on how to get the video/audio content. I've tried streamlink and ffmpeg, but neither will get the file because it's DRM protected.

Mind you, I'm just trying to figure out how to get the content at this point even if it's still encrypted. I know I could go through the mpd file and possibly get the different segment files myself, but that would be tedious beyond belief. So any guidance and how to obtain the actual content?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does youtube-dl say that the episode is DRM protected ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    No, but it does say that it cannot find any videos to download, and when trying to use streamlink or ffmpeg, it says it's DRM protected.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nator View Post
    No, but it does say that it cannot find any videos to download, and when trying to use streamlink or ffmpeg, it says it's DRM protected.
    try reading this thread - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/400424-Downloading-DRM-protected-video-and-decrypt...th-a-known-key
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nator View Post
    try reading this thread - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/400424-Downloading-DRM-protected-video-and-decrypt...th-a-known-key
    Had already seen it, and I have the same issue with there being no "decryption_key" option being available.
    Quote Quote