VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have waited now for dual layer to settle out..mainly for data recording. Has it???
    I read about a lot of probs with the 08 and so forth, and was just wondering if Pioneer has it right now, where it will burn reliably, dual layer dvd's be it data or video?

Also, Taiyo Yuden is the best brand of dvd-r...what is the best quality and reliable brand of dual layer media out there?

I want dual layer, but only after the dust has settled and it is reliable...i hate to put my dig pics on a dual layer disk only to find out 2 years from now that it won't read..thanks..t
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it's reliable. But DVD+R DL is the only media available right now. And so far, you can only count on maybe 60-70% of all drives to recognize the media.

But if you use the same burner to read it, and it's just for data, you should be set.

VERBATIM (MKM) media is the one you want.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks smurf...any advice on a good place to get that media?

Also, will the ones burned by the a09 be readable by more and more drives in the future as they go along? thanks..t
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's expensive, about $6-10 apiece. The easiest place I know of is Best Buy and Walmart for about $25-30 per 3-pack. I've not been following the bulk deals and sales, though the cheapest I hear is about $6-7 pre-tax/pre-shipping for a bulk order.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote