VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 32
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. @ Terwilf
    As you saw, your video file has no information about the duration. However, the duration is essential for further processing. To write this information into the file, the video is copied into a new container. Unfortunately, ogv (theora) is not compatible with mp4, and therefore it does not work.
    I have therefore clever FFmpeg-GUI changed again. In the latest beta (v3.0.0.14) you can now choose between mp4 and mkv container when copying videos with missing duration automatically.
    In your case, choose mkv and that should work.
    The mkv container for the newly encoded video is only an intermediate step. After muxing (to ogg) with one or more audio tracks. you have as final result an ogg video, which you can then also rename to ogv.
    With this you should have reached your goal.
    Try and report.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The creation of the file was done correctly, but as soon as I tried to change its extension the explorer crashed, after restarting the Explorer(.exe), I had problems to move it and when I tried to use it in the game it restarts (The game works with any other ogv).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Post an ogv example of yours here and i will look at it on Monday
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have created a new ogg video with clever Ffmpeg-GUI, renamed it to ogv.
    No problem at all, plays fine in VLC player.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I guess it happens because a video player recognizes the format regardless of the extension and when using it in a game that is only prepared to handle ogv, it does not know what to do and crashes.

On the other hand, another symptom that does not work, is that the file no longer shows its preview, on the other hand, if you try to rename it again or move it, the browser will crash me.

Also, checking the file in a hex editor, the internal header between the generated mkv and the normal ogv one, is completely different.

Changing the subject, I don't understand your last request, do you want the encoded files, the configuration I used to create the ogv or something else.

About the tests I performed with your program, I have tested with ogv files generated by various programs, to check that the problem was not caused by the font I used, so I have not worked with a single specific encoding even testing web services for the task.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I mean one of the working ogv files from the game.
    NB
    You should not rename the mkv from the movie conversion, but the ogg after muxing.
    Last edited by ProWo; 24th Jul 2022 at 02:33.
    Quote Quote  
  7. As I mentioned as long as the file container is ogv, any file is compatible, for my part, I tested on several games, but the lightest is the following one:

(Attached, the original video file of the game, the file multiplexed by the application and the files that I used for this process)

To test the video just start the game* and press "Intro Movie", to change the audio you can do it from "Sountrack".
    *All content can be obtained legally free of charge, however I have ripped all content not required for testing.
    Last edited by Terwilf; 25th Jul 2022 at 20:25.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Tomorrow I'll analyze this and will come back with the result.
    Quote Quote  
  9. @Terwilf
    have found your error. You've muxed to mkv and renamed then to ogv. This can not work.
    Follow this steps (based on your test-files):
    The video you want convert is opening.ogv. Load this file in clever FFmeg-GUI, a message will appear that the scan type was not found. Click yes, the scan type analysis will be done and as result the analysis find Interlaced, BFF (wrong), confirm with yes.
    So you click change scan type, select progressive, confirm with OK.

[Attachment 66054 - Click to enlarge]

Then click main, click convert VideoStream, click Keep size, select Theroa as encoder, leave all other settings as they are, click convert.

[Attachment 66055 - Click to enlarge]

If done, click multiplex, the new created videostream is shown in green and is already selected, select the original two Audiostreams too, select ogg as container (here was your fault), click mutiplex.

[Attachment 66056 - Click to enlarge]

If done, rename the resulting opening_muxed.ogg to opening.ogv and replace the original opening.ogv with this new file.
    Works fine here with your game.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I should mention that you are converting the wrong file, the file you were trying to multiplex was "video.ogv". and this not having audio track when I try to load it into the application showed me the following message:

[Attachment 66060 - Click to enlarge]

Anyway, I have created another file with an audio track so I can follow your tutorial, but when I muxar happens the following:

[Attachment 66061 - Click to enlarge]

This error does not occur if you skip the second step (VideoStream...), in both cases the final file is generated.

For my part, I can only thank you, as far as I'm concerned the application is fine as it is. Although I must warn you that if this is started on a pc with two monitors, the application does not appear on any of the desktops (Although if you use the option to move window this will appear immediately out of nowhere).
    Quote Quote  
  11. These ogv files are missing important information.
    For example, a standalone ogv video stream maybe lacks information about duration and scan type (interlaced/progressive).
    If your load the file and you see the "No Duration found" message, then set mkv as container and click copy.
    (Unfortunately this does not work properly in 3.0.0.14, so I'll send you via PM the 3.0.0.15 in which the bug is fixed).
    Then follow the steps above.
    Last edited by ProWo; 25th Jul 2022 at 17:18.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Terwilf View Post
    I should mention that you are converting the wrong file, the file you were trying to multiplex was "video.ogv". and this not having audio track when I try to load it into the application showed me the following message:

[Attachment 66060 - Click to enlarge]
    This happens because the file has no duration info.

Originally Posted by Terwilf View Post
    Anyway, I have created another file with an audio track so I can follow your tutorial, but when I muxar happens the following:

[Attachment 66061 - Click to enlarge]
    This happens because the file was copied into a mp4 container and this doesn't work. It must be copied into a mkv container.

Although I must warn you that if this is started on a pc with two monitors, the application does not appear on any of the desktops (Although if you use the option to move window this will appear immediately out of nowhere).
    This is a known Windows problem.
    Last edited by ProWo; 25th Jul 2022 at 10:42.
    Quote Quote  
  13. This happens because the file was copied into a mp4 container and this doesn't work. It must be copied into a mkv container.
    No, the first screenshot and the second one are not related, to do this conversion I have followed every step of your tutorial, using an ogv file with an embedded audio track, to avoid the dialog that I showed in the first screenshot.

Likewise, the audios were extracted from the original ogv with this same application.

The only step I change is that I loaded the soundtracks from an external source, certain converters often fail when the length of the audio does not match the length of the video, I guess the conversion caused this lag.

On the other hand, it would be very practical if the configuration file was created in the application folder, considering that many of its failures are solved by removing it or at least that the executables are loaded automatically if they are in the same directory.

Also, it would help a lot to use a dialog that allows you to paste a destination folder address, currently the app returns to its default location for every file you want to upload.

[Attachment 66118 - Click to enlarge]

Moving on, does the app use all 3 ffmpeg library files? If so, is there a way to set the paths for each one separately from the config file to recycle them from other applications that use them?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Terwilf View Post
    On the other hand, it would be very practical if the configuration file was created in the application folder, considering that many of its failures are solved by removing it or at least that the executables are loaded automatically if they are in the same directory.
    The configuration file is automatically written to the user folder by Windows, which makes sense, so that each user has his own configuration file.

Also, it would help a lot to use a dialog that allows you to paste a destination folder address, currently the app returns to its default location for every file you want to upload.
    This would further slow down the program flow.

Moving on, does the app use all 3 ffmpeg library files? If so, is there a way to set the paths for each one separately from the config file to recycle them from other applications that use them?
    This would only complicate the initial configuration; besides, the 3 files are usually in the same folder.

NB
    Read your PM
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thank you very much!
    Quote Quote  
  16. July 26, 2022 update to version 3.0.1.
    Fixed: Audio pan remapping issue, single channels splitting filter issue, Title typo, Audiofilter issue, muxing with subtitles issue, encoding type info issue.
    Added: DnxHD encoding, DnxHD condition check, Aspect Ratio Info, Theora encoding, muxing to ogg, source path handling.
    Changed: moved global Title to Multiplexing Grid, automatic DAR set, DivX and XviD single stream in mkv container, no file delete with muxing aborted.
    Improved: Tooltips, Audio Filter, Deinterlacing chain, Duration detection, no duration handling.
    Quote Quote  
  17. @ Bill (from reviews)
    the clever FFmpeg-GUI project was created to edit/modify locally existing content.
    Remote processing was and is not planned. Nothing will change in this regard.
    Quote Quote  
  18. @ Teddy (Review by Teddy on Aug 3, 2022).
    Tomorrow I'll post a new beta with Chapters support.
    Try it and report here.
    Quote Quote  
  19. @ Teddy
    Added Chapters support in latest beta (v3.0.1.05) for 3gp, mkv, mp4, mov, webm.
    It's online now.
    Last edited by ProWo; 10th Aug 2022 at 08:40. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  20. August 26, 2022 update to version 3.0.2.
    Fixed: Exception handling, webm as container selection (multiplex).
    Added: Chapters support (creating, editing, use extern chapters file), Source file check for warnings or errors, writing app info in outputs, select/deselect all streams in multiplexing, selection to move headers from mp4 and mov to the beginning for better streaming.
    Changed: Scan type handling, LUT filter chain, Nero chapters entrys deleted for mp4+mov.
    Improved: Hardcode subtitles handling, interlaced encoding from interlaced source, Video cutting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a video and a separate audio file. I know that I could just add the video and audio using your software.
    The video file has no sound . The audio is in some format. The video duration is about 3minutes. The audio file is having greater length.
    I want the video to fill up the audio to the last frame of the video and stop there.
    What I mean , When the video closes the audio sound closes and exit to save to a new video file.
    Can I do that in your software?How do I do , if?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by jraju View Post
    I have a video and a separate audio file. I know that I could just add the video and audio using your software.
    The video file has no sound . The audio is in some format. The video duration is about 3minutes. The audio file is having greater length.
    I want the video to fill up the audio to the last frame of the video and stop there.
    What I mean , When the video closes the audio sound closes and exit to save to a new video file.
    Can I do that in your software?How do I do , if?
    Yes, you can do that with clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    1) load your video, click main, note the video duration in the box at the top right.
    2) click source file and select your audio, click main, click cut and insert the duration from 1) in the endtime field, click read times, click cut.
    3) click source file and select your video, click main, click multiplex, click add, select the cutted audio.
    4) select the videostream and the cutted audiostream (on the left side), select mkv as container and click multiplex.
    Done.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, prawo, good to get the reply. Sorry for late reply. I had been to some other place so i could not try your idea.
    Today, I had done, everything went well thank you. I will report if anything miss.
    thanks once again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Prawo, May I know, why you have advised to use mkv format for output file.
    This format is not supported by social media websites like whatsapp..
    Can I just mulitiplex with mp4 to retain the format in your idea.
    Is there any specific for the recommended mkv format. The file size is less , as I could find outwardly.

My second query. Does this support gif format . I loaded a gif file of 2 min duration, and then try to cut a 2secpmd to keep as profile picture in forums.
    The operation of cutting done successfully. But when I click it plays to full time and the size is also not reduced in size.
    please
    Last edited by jraju; 31st Aug 2022 at 08:54.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by jraju View Post
    Hi, Prawo, May I know, why you have advised to use mkv format for output file.
    Because mkv is the container that can handle most codecs.

Originally Posted by jraju View Post
    This format is not supported by social media websites like whatsapp..
    WhatsApp supports MP4, MKV, AVI, 3GP, MOV files (max 16Gb).

Can I just mulitiplex with mp4 to retain the format in your idea.
    You can just multiplex your mkv to mp4 (if the codecs are supported).
    clever FFmpeg-GUI will point out errors to you if necessary.

Is there any specific for the recommended mkv format. The file size is less , as I could find outwardly.
    I have no idea what you mean.

My second query. Does this support gif format . I loaded a gif file of 2 min duration, and then try to cut a 2secpmd to keep as profile picture in forums.
    The operation of cutting done successfully. But when I click it plays to full time and the size is also not reduced in size.
    gif cannot be cutted by clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Use another tool, g.e. gif online cut https://ezgif.com/cut
    Last edited by ProWo; 31st Aug 2022 at 15:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Thanks for the reply.
    Clever ffmpeg is doing so many things and it has cut options. You could include gif format. I think , animation need minimum two frames to animate.
    cleverffmpeg is having cut features and by allowing gif format, one could have an animated gif as their profile pictures.
    I have changed my profile picture with the redketch up onlilne tool.
    Since you have given in instructions to select MKV in your guidance, I just ask. Ofcourse, I tried to play the mkv in whats app, but got this file format not supported error. I changed again to mp4 and it accepted. I have the latest whatsapp version and my phone is redmi note 10 pro.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I like the program, but doesn't converted properly 5.1 audio. I realized this, after hundreds of conversions, I wished I did noticed this before...
    For very 5.1 audio (AC3, DTS, etc.) I converted, have the same problems, 2 ch on it becomes blank

I hope the problem get fix, because I like to use the program to change length & pitch on audio. Still very good for 2ch conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by Altruo View Post
    I like the program, but doesn't converted properly 5.1 audio. For very 5.1 audio (AC3, DTS, etc.) I converted, have the same problems, 2 ch on it becomes blank
    This was a problem in an earlier version, should be corrected in the actual version.
    Redownload the last release or the newest beta., retry and report here.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Yes the update seems to fixed the problem !

Very happy about it...

Thank you for your quick reply
    Quote Quote  
  30. September 20, 2022 update to version 3.0.3.
    Fixed: Video filter chain issue, extended range for IVTC detection issue.
    Added: hdmv_pgs_sultitle mux to ts.
    Changed: Missing scantype handling (progressive is assumed, but can be changed).
    Improved: Chapters handling, Video cut, defective video handling, errors scan.
    Quote Quote