VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello guys is there anyway to change subtitle style like size and fon't for multipe files?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Copy and paste? What kind of subtitle files?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Not much to go on ..

Use Subtitle Edit CLI. Type "Subtitledit /convert /list" to see supported formats. If yours among them setup .ASS in GUI (Options -> Settings) and convert the subtitles to .ass.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the files format is ssa what i want to do is change the style for 155 sub files is there anyway to apply style for multipe files without opening each one?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Open Subtitle Edit. Set the styles on "Options -> Settings -> ASS/SSA tab".

Use the CLI command:

(PathToSubtitleEdit\)SubtitleEdit /convert *.ssa SubStationAlpha /outputfolder:NewFolder
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what is CLI command?
    Quote Quote  
  7. CLI: Command Line

You need to open a command shell (MS-DOS) and type in the command above.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello! (^_^)

Originally Posted by simonrule View Post
    the files format is ssa what i want to do is change the style for 155 sub files is there anyway to apply style for multipe files without opening each one?
    Without opening the files, using the command line (CLI) might be the best way to do it. Otherwise, there are several text editors (like Notepad++) that have a "Search & Replace in multiple files" option.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I managed to do this using Find and Replace: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/find-replace-text-multiple-files-bulk-windows-pc
    Open the subtitle file in the notepad, find the lines corresponding to the styles, copy-paste to the program and so on.
    Quote Quote