VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Who makes the better Computer Animated Movies?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Dreamworks all the way. The Disney/Pixar movies are too PC for my taste.
    Quote Quote  
  2. They have to be because they are targeted at children with simple themes.

Shrek is cool so I'll go with Dreamworks, makes fun of Disney too.
    Quote Quote  
  3. As far as animation and graphics goes, I'd have to say Pixar.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's not fair to lump Disney with Pixar. Pixar makes superior CG animated films, but Disney has yet to release "Chicken Little" which I believe will suck.

Darryl
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pixar by far!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Picksar
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You really need to separate Disney and Pixar. It's been a while since Disney did a good animated film.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Pixar by a mile.

Saw Shrek 2 recently and felt that it could have been made live action. What was the point in having a computer graphic animation film for the characters to largely stand around and talk?

IMHO Pixar looks more glossy has a better flow of movement and has the imagination.
    Really looking forward the Incredibles.
    Cole
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pixar, hands down
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pixar - by far
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by tgpo
    Tgpo, I just noticed that your answer is nothing to do with your question.

What has being too PC got to do with the better computer animation?

I'll get my coat!
    Cole
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cole
    Originally Posted by tgpo
    Tgpo, I just noticed that your answer is nothing to do with your question.

What has being too PC got to do with the better computer animation?
    Easy. I didn't ask who had better animation, I said who has better animated movies, oh which plot, characters, music, etc will all add to a decision.

Disney/Pixar movies are BLAND! They have no edge to them. They are the same old stories they've been telling for 100 years, just in a new format.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Pixar's movies have heart. You actually care about what happens to the characters. Dreamworks (ok, we are really just talking about Shrek here aren't we?) is entertaining, but it's just mindless. Fart and booger jokes can only take you so far.

Don't get me wrong. I love Dreamworks' classic animation. Prince of Egypt and Spirit are classics that are well animated, have beautiful music, and have heart. Not to mention that they were pioneering endeavors.

Disney doesn't have balls anymore. They cut their entire 2D animation staff. And the one hope they had in Pixar just got away. Look for Pixar to do bigger and better things than Disney in the years to follow. In fact, Fox had quite a hit with "Ice Age" that I doubt Disney can beat.

Yes, now Disney has a computer animation department. But I am not expecting big things from them. I don't think Disney cares about making a great movies anymore, only making money.

Dreamworks and Pixar prove you can have both.

Darryl
    Quote Quote  
  14. @dphirschler

Boogers and farts aside, Shrek had a better message than most all animated movies that came before it.

That said it was funny and gave jokes that grownups could enjoy, which were way above the level that kids would understand (goofing on bullet time, come on tell me that was mindlessly put in there for kids.) I don't see how you could consider it mindless compaired to any of the other animated movies.

-Suntan
    Quote Quote  
  15. pixar, all teh way. Shrek was just a lil bit diff because of the lil adult in-jokes etc, but Shrek 2...*COUGH*that sucked. And i think im the only on ein the world ewho thinks it was a huuuge pile of poop. The lip sync was definetly out, and could have been a hell of alot better, the animation at times was laughable, especially with the level we're at nowadays(im not saying i could do better, its jsut alot of people could do better). It was just a re-hash of teh Shrek formula - A lil bit of stroy stolen from fairy tale, mixed together, and so many references to other films that you cant see thru it to the crap that is actualy on the screen (i htink im more refering to Shrek 2 here).
    But yeah, Pixar jsut dont cease to amaze. As they say 'Story Is King', and as far as i can see, dreamworks seem to be trying to re-do Pixars movie's, with not realy any story but big name actors/actresses to support the cause.
    PIXAR IS KING!
    and yeah, you gotta seperate disney/pixar cos they don thave a deal anymore(only for two more films, but the actual deal is over).
    Spooky2k/Dan
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I vote for dreamworks.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I vote for Studio Ghibli. Spirited Away, was animated greatly on computers.
    Better stories, better music, better plot.
    Quote Quote