VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am amazed at how easy VCD is to use and setup.

BUT, when playing back the burned image on a DVD player the motion is choppy or start/stop. Its like alternating between hitting the pause and play button when its playing.

I am doing this on a fast AMD 1ghz 256k Ram, 15gigHD (7gig free) with no other apps running so I don't see what the problem is. Also, HP 8200 CD Writer.

Anybody know?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This problem may have happened because of the framerate of your source file, the wrong field order, or burning at a very high speed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm not sure about the source someone else created the mpeg.

But the speed too fast? no, its a 24x 4x 8x or something like that. Its a slow burner compare to todays standards.

??
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    alan93, what burn speed do you usually burn your VCD's with?
    Quote Quote  
  5. well the max speed of the burner is 4x, so I guess 4x. What do you mean?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    24 is your writting speed but you can use settings below this (recommended for a better quality burn) x 4 this is your re-writting speed ( on cd-rw discs) and x8 is the read speed, i assume that's a typo and you meant 48... witch should be more then fast enough to read a vcd

Derek
    get a real keyboard, Kinesis
    Quote Quote  
  7. alan9 wrote that he had choppy playback. I have the same symptoms on my DVD player when playing recently created SVCDs which happen to work fine on my PC. VCDs and even some SVCDs I created last year work fine on both the PC and the DVD player. I cant remember what settings I used to make the successful SVCDs though. could the quality of the CD-Rs have anything to do with it?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I haven't figured out my problem for sure yet but I'm betting that my 15 gig HD that's half used up is part of the problem. Need bigger I'm sure.

As for quailty of CDRs I made some music CDs with some cheapo disks and they don't track half as good as the Memorex I used first.

So I would bet using a HD over 40 gig and higher quality disks would be a step in the right direction.
    Quote Quote