VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello All,

I recommend that you use VirtualDub, at least you will be able to see if your VCD or MPEG files are not corrupted. With that soft, you can convert files in AVI or DivX format... I'm sorry I have no solution for Windows Media Player users, but it seems that since the 6.4 version a stream check has been added and you need to have a clean .DAT file. Sometimes during copy/extraction of .DAT files, Windows OS or Nero adds error control data, making the files unreadable for Windows Media Player and others alike.
    Using Virtual Dub will remove that added data . Here is the latest version 1.4.8:
    http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/downloads/VirtualDub-1_4_8.zip

Others tips:
    * some video cards are bugging when you set up a display of 24-bit instead of 16-bit (for olds 4MB VRAM cards like mine ), the usual symptom is: No video but sound OK
    * you can try WinDVD which can play .DAT files with error control data without a problem. Direct download link (8MB, Demo): http://a1394.g.akamai.net/7/1394/3235/v002/webdownload2.intervideo.com/p005/Enu/WinDVD.exe

I hope that post could help a lot of people...

Bye!
    --------------------------------------------
    Enjoy the Net!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I burned a VCD photo slide show using Nero. Now I can not play it on my PC. I have WindowsXP, Windows Media Player 8, & WinDVD.

I did not have the SCSI1HLP file so I downloaded it as previously posted.

WinDVD does nothing when I hit play with the VCD in the DVD drive. (Special version does not have support for VCD)

When I open the .dat file in Windows Media Player I get the error message, "The format is not supported".

What to do??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,
    I have a major problem with my vcd's. Windows media player doesn't play vcd's, actually it plays a 40 min vcd i have and another vcd that has seven short 10 min segment's on it. But these other longer vcd's i have (a 60 min one and a 80 min one) won't play. I open the avseq01.dat file on the long vcd's and Windows media player says 'The device does not recognize the command'. Anyway i think i did what all you are raving about. I downloaded this program and it said it 'is set up to rename your current SCSI1HLP.VXD file to SCSI1HLP.OLD to archive it'. Is this what your supposed to do? Anyway i have a Innonvison Voodoo Banchee, 128mb ram, 433Mhz Celeron and Cmi8738 sound card. My computer played the long vcd's when i used the XingMPEG player and driver but i have used all the evaluation time and i don't want to pay $30 for it when i have Windows media player that's supposed to work for free. Does anyone have a soulution to this problem, E-mail me if you do.
    Quote Quote