VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. It used to play VCDs and SVCDs like a charm .. suddenly it will not play them anymore . The display just shows NO DISC. Iīve tried with several CD-R discs that used to work before, none of them works now. Has anyone had the same problem? I guess Iīll have to return it for repair..
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, as ive mentioned in an earlier post, I had the exact same problem with my Apex Ad-660...One day out of the blue it stopped playing my vcds and svcds (but still would play dvd) and would give me the infamous "no disc" error. I had no luck at all with those cleaner kits that have a little brush glued on a cd. I took the cover off, cleaned the lens with a q-tip and some tape head cleaner, and now all is well once again.
    Hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok! Tried with a cleaner kit, brush glued on a CD. No luck.. letīs unscrew the thang and do some real cleaning.. guarantee is out anyway
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had a 611 and could never get it to play any cdr's
    Quote Quote  
  5. Came back to tell yaīall.. didnīt work cleaning the lens for me... Iīm f**n mad at the mo...........
    Quote Quote  
  6. Checked with a repair centre for Samsung DVDs here in Sweden. They figure itīs either the motherboard or the laser thatīs faulty (oh really?).
    Just leaving it to them for fault finding would cost about $45.
    Mother board about $110
    Laser lens about $60
    Job $60 (fault finding included)

Calculating things makes me think about buying a new player........
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is kinda of weird cause i have a pioneer DV-C503,and i could play just about anything.I played vcd,svcd,on cdr's and cdrw's.Then one day it happened,i couldn't get it to play anything but dvd's.It won't even play my store bought music audio cds.I even tried to clean it with one of those laser cleaners.And all it does is spin for few seconds and the tray opens.I don't know if this was the problem,but a neighbor came over with a vcd he downloaded.The movie was in a bin and cue file and when extracted its suppose to be in vcd format.He burnt it with nero and i tried it in my player.It just spunned for a few seconds and the tray opened.After that incident everytime i tried to play any kinda of disc,besides dvd it would eject.I think it messed up my laser and the movie was Resident Evil.
    Quote Quote