VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.
    Can you say that what software is the best one for compressing any videos on Windows? (((high quality with the least size.)))
    I would appreciate you if you help me!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try VidCoder with H.264 or H.265 codecs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your help. VidCoder is actually Handbrake, and I have Handbrake, but I'm not satisfy with it.
    In the result video of Handbrake when I want to move video forward with mouse it doesn't start exactly from the place where I clicked there! It's weird! I don't have this problem with other standard videos. Do you know what's the reason of this problem ?
    Last edited by MBlueSky; 24th Sep 2018 at 09:44.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You should mention reason why you are not satisfied. I would suggest Hybrid or Avidemux. Others probably can also suggest MeGui. But when your expectation are not known so hardly to suggest anything.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by MBlueSky View Post
    In the result video of Handbrake when I want to move video forward with mouse it doesn't start exactly from the place where I clicked there! It's weird! I don't have this problem with other standard videos. Do you know what's the reason of this problem ?
    This is my problem with Handbrake.
    I need one software to just reduce the size of video files without decreasing in the quality. That's it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So you have to recompress video fully. Not just copy part of videos. Copy part of videos without lossing quality, you have to start on keyframe. To start from point exactly. In Avidemux all this works. Recompression alway degradate quality (unless it is lossless = very huge file)
    If you don't need batch try Avidemux. Easy to use.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by MBlueSky View Post
    I need one software to just reduce the size of video files without decreasing in the quality. That's it.
    Is it Groundhog Day again? People demanding perfect omelettes without breaking eggs. The same procedure as every year, James. For decades already.

The reduction of size is achieved by decreasing the quality. The smaller it gets, the more obvious the loss will be. And loss will accumulate every time you convert in a lossy way.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by MBlueSky View Post
    Handbrake, but I'm not satisfy with it.
    In the result video of Handbrake when I want to move video forward with mouse it doesn't start exactly from the place where I clicked
    This was discussed in your other thread and the issue will be the same no matter what encoder you use. Set the max keyframe interval (max GOP size) to a suitable value.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is my problem with Handbrake.
    You want the impossible in one click. That's it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When the source material has allready some minor image defects, then this will be enhanced by strong compression, maybe smooth the video from fine grain fearures, fine detail will suffer first, you should find your own "middle ground" in quality and compression, no one can do or judge that for you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've had excellent results with Pazera Video to MP4 Converter 1.5 portable using Very Slow Settings, Preset Film 2 pass. You can input virtually anything and output to Xvid or H264/H265. It has a nice GUI too and is very stable. Plently of resolution profiles etc and cropping facility, though Handbrake excels much better in this department I feel. However I was impressed recently by compressing an old 3gb 720p Xvid as a test reducing the resolution to 718 x388, 1.85 A.R no cropping necessary, using only 650kbps bit rate and 128kbps aac. The subjective quality was truly excellent.

My only quibble is with its audio encoding part, especially entering ac-3 sources when it often decodes it as 'multiple frames in a packet' and the resultant aac file comes out a little strange with -21 end etc read by Media Info and out of synch in parts, but if you encode your stream separately as I do using Pazera Audio Extractor 2.9, it comes out perfectly with none of these warnings reporting audio bug to FFMEG developers via e-mail. Odd since both programs use the same version of FFMEG presumably!
    Last edited by azmoth; 29th Sep 2018 at 11:30.
    Quote Quote