VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi all
    i use PowerDVD for wathching avis and mpeg on my pc and zoomplayer
    because i like the way i can configure it to open automaticly at full screen on my tvset which is next to pc and connected on vga card as second monitor.

everything was fine until i changed mother board,now zoomplayer
    it doesnt play mpeg2 720x576 anymore,it starts ok but after 2-3 secs the screen gets black and i can here only sound.
    it still plays ok with avi files.
    and ok with mpeg 256x288.
    i unistalled the progam,install version 3.10pro,unistall and install every
    codec was on my system but no joy.

i can use powerDVD and wmp9 but zoomplayer was easy and nice to use
    and i truly like to solve this problem.

regards
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Been there. It doesn't like 2 monitors. You can get effective full screen by manually re-sizing zoomplayer until it's borders are off screen. With a little work it looks full screen on TV due to overscan.

What version of Direct X are you running? As I recall it's an issue with 8.1 or better (Direct X doesn't do multiple monitors very well).
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  3. i use directX9.
    its not the 2 screens cause it does the same on the pc monitor is well.
    except for that it was working fine with my ex mother board,and it is the
    same system disk that i moved to the new mobo.
    it looks more like a codec conflict issue but i havent manage to fix it yet..

when you change hardware the OS (winXP) cannot start unless you
    do a registry patch(from microsoft) to make it able to find the new devices
    and restore the drivers.
    this way you dont need to install the whole thing from the beginning,on the
    other hand its possible some codecs,drivers and system files to be messed.
    i faced a lot of problems after change and i managed to solve them.

this problem is the last that remains and i try to fix it without new installation.
    Quote Quote  
  4. forgot to say,powerDVD had the same problem that solved when i removed it and installed it again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You say WMP9 will play these MPEG2 files fine, but not Zoom Player? Is it all MPEG2 files, or just those at that resolution? Both programs should be using the same Directshow settings but I guess a hardware change could complicate that.

Anyway, what I suspect is happening is that Zoom Player is holding onto some configuration option pertinent to your old mobo, but not your new one. While I cannot think of what might be the setting, I guess it is possible

What I would do is completely remove Zoom Player from your system. Uninstall it, make sure the directory is deleted, then open up regedit and do a search from zoom, zoom player, and inmatrix (the creators) deleting relevant registry keys as you go. After you have done this, reboot and reinstall Zoom Player. This should clear out any remaining settings.

As always, be careful when editing the registry, especially when searching for relatively generic terms like "zoom", take great care not to delete the wrong key or disaster can happen. If you're not confident doing this, then as a stopgap measure you might give BSPlayer a try, it has many, but not all of the options available in Zoom Player and is just as fast and light.

If this doesn't work, let me know and we'll try something else.

Hope this is helpful,

Prospero
    Quote Quote  
  6. hi
    thanks for reply

unistalling zoomplayer and erase any relative entry in registry was the first thing i did.
    and it was effective cause the program behavior changed,before when i
    tried to open a file with the right`s click "open with" option and choose zoomplayer from its installation directory,it didnt work and it was played with wmp.
    due to a registry entry i had to copy the installation folder to another path for "open with" to work.

after new installation on new mobo and registry manual modifications
    everything was fine,except for mpeg2 playback.

or i thought it didnt play mpeg2?
    the truth is that it plays mpeg2 ok from the beginning.
    what happened is ....

when you choose full screen on the second monitor(tvset) the window
    that opens does not cover the full screen(i dont mean the black borders,
    its shorter than theese borders)it is only 1/8 of the inch smaller vertically and i opened to cover all area with the middle mouse button zoom function.
    when i used zoom MPEG2 files dont play but if i leave it just on full screen
    it plays ok.
    i discovered this last night.
    so if i open a file and the program is on fullscreen mode there is no problem,the problem is when i open a file on fullscreen and zoom option is well.

there was never any problem then.

forgive my long post but its long to give you the full picture of this funny situation.

regards
    Quote Quote