VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am editing a video on Premiere cc2017 and the footage has been recorded with a JVC GY-HM200.
    Is the first time that i edit video from this camera and have a problem with the footage, at some parts, some objects appear "floating" from the rest of the scene.
    like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A6BG2q4AR3jM7RjvNQq0LNc-1erTbtSl/view?usp=sharing

Searching information about this i found a video on youtube where happend the same problem ( youtube isnīt the best way to see but is the only site from i founs some similar)

https://youtu.be/XyobWpCh5us?t=92

Can you see the lion's leg moving strangely?

I usually edit videos from Panasonic AG-AC130 , AG-AC160 and Canon XH A1 and never i have this problem.
    Whats happend?
    Is a compression video problem?
    Is a video noise reduction problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to in the linked videos. Maybe side effects of the camcorder's Stabilization?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Your video demonstrates it - the necklace and watch move differently than the underlying jacket or camera motion. But the lion in the YT video does not really show it. The lion moves with the whole frame as camera moves. Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong lion

Yes it could be some sort of "auto" stabilization or did you have other "auto" settings on ?

Or did you process it in some way, like stabilize with a filter in software ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the first one appears to have cmos rolling shutter jellyrolling from the fast back and forth shaking. didn't see much in the second.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. On the youtube video i see the same problem on the leg of the rear lion.
    My video has no any type filter and any post processing stabilization, its what i see from the sd card file.
    I haven't recorded the video and I don't know what settings the camera operator made.
    The video was recorded in AVCHD 50i 24Mbps, a better option would have been AVCHD 50P 28Mbps or MOV 50p 35Mbps, but if is a digital stabilization make by the camera no matter what recording was setting has made, if the digital stabilization is the problem, it sucks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    digital stablization and all the "auto" features should be turned off as soon as you get a cam
    --
    Quote Quote  
  7. Reading the ownerīs manual, this camera has no digital stabilization, itīs optical
    The effects appear on the whole video, some parts are very shaking, like the operator has no actived the stabilization.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Although I already know that I will not be able to solve this problem (the shots that are "static" with inanimate objects I have solved them by capturing a frame and animating it with After Effects by applying the expression "wiggle (0.7,20)" to the position to simulate that it has been recorded with a camera), I'm still looking for the cause of this problem and I just found another video in which exactly the same thing happens.

https://vimeo.com/186452807

Look as with the shaking, the wall almost does not move, and the vertical wooden center bar of the table seems to float with respect to the rest of the table
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the camera shakes left/right several times. any cam with a cmos sensor will "jellyroll" with that type movement and you'll get weird effects.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  10. A cmos sensor would have the rolling shutter effect and would affect the entire image, not a clock or a necklace yes and the rest not, or as in the video, the vertical wooden slat moves, and the wood texture on the sides It does not move.
    Or as it is happening to me in the video I am editing, when someone shakes their heads, the texture of the hair does not follow the head
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    your "move" is very subjective. the whole video jellyrolls. your eyes are deceiving you.
    --
    Quote Quote