VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I downloaded a mp3-file from Youtube and I compared it with SPEK, but I don't understand it.

According to these images, which one has better quality: Vubey or Audio.rip?:

[Attachment 46146 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Both are the same except vubey is re-sampled (from 44.1k to 48k but source seem to be 44.1k) and volume too high (distortions are outcome of clipping - some peeks are over 0dBFS).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Both are the same except vubey is re-sampled (from 44.1k to 48k but source seem to be 44.1k) and volume too high (distortions are outcome of clipping - some peeks are over 0dBFS).
    So, in this case, is Audio.rip better?.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by minegroasprilla View Post
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Both are the same except vubey is re-sampled (from 44.1k to 48k but source seem to be 44.1k) and volume too high (distortions are outcome of clipping - some peeks are over 0dBFS).
    So, in this case, is Audio.rip better?.
    Better than what? Than vubey? IMHO yes - have no clue how it can be position when compared to others.
    Important remark: my feedback is purely based on provided spectrograms.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Given that you'd expect the vubey to sound worse, but what are you playing them back through? If you listened on built in laptop speakers it's be hard to tell the difference because they're so distorted and narrowband. With good headphones of the proper impedance (many are too low) or speakers it should be easy to tell by listening.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Nice music, very nice melody, too bad both looks over compressed to me, the one on the right is not a real 48k, Vubey is the worst.
    Even the the album track is too compressed to my taste, too loud for a soft song like that and the whole album in general.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11. Dueles.flac.png
Views:	244
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	46153  

Quote Quote