VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

Although I am a bit used to do some MPEG-2 real-time captures, I have just put my hands on a ADVC-100 converter and I want to learn a bit about DV stuff, so, please forgive me for making basic questions; but I am a newbie when it comes to DV;

1) What type should I use when capturing, type-1 or type-2 ? What is the best ? Should I make any conversion after capturing from 1 to 2 or vice-versa ?

2) Is the sound on both types LPCM ?

3) How can I multiplex/demultiplex video/audio on a DV file ? Is it possible to make it on single tools or may I use a video editor for that ? I think that simply opening the file in SoundForge would allow me to save the WAVE audio as a separate file, but how to do the opposite way, I mean, to multiplex audio/video ? This step is very important for me, as I use to normalize original audio and I need it muxed in back again for further editing,

4) If I load the original DV on Media Studio Pro, for example, can I replace the original audio by other (remastered) wave file ?

5) What sw do you recommend for capturing ? Scenalyzer ? Media Studio Pro ? Adobe Premiere Pro ?

6) Does the CANOPUS ADVC-100 convert the file to Field A (like DV camcorders) or Field B ? Lower Field or Upper field ?

Thanks,

Zetti
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Don !
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use the Capture module in Mediastudio Pro to do the transfer from DV camcorder to hard drive, normalise the levels and clean up the audio using the Audio Editor module in Mediastudio Pro and then don't need to do anything with the audio once I reach the editing stage. To answer your point in question 4, yes you can, but if you use the Audio Editor, you don't have to strip the audio off as a wav, you can play around with it while leaving it as the audio track of the avi.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Richard, I'll play around with it;

Zetti
    Quote Quote