VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. what program can burn detailed cue files. I've tried fireburner and nero and both seem not to work. Any suggesstions???

TIA!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure what you mean by detailed cue files, but the cue contains info about the bin file which contains the mpg. So you don't really burn the cue, but it contains info about the disk image. If you have a bin/cue pair of files, you can make the disk image with nero. Cancel the wizard and select File>burn image and load the cue file at the dialog box. If you already know all of this, please provide more detail about your probem.

Morloc
    Quote Quote  
  3. Here is an example of a detailed versus non-detailed cue files. I got this from vcdeasy.org. I don't actually know if this is my problem why my standalone dvd player will play some svcd and not others but i wanted to make sure i was burning it correctly before i gave up. It basically makes chapters for the movies.

Example of a "detailed" CUE file

FILE "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\Desktop\videocd.bin" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 00:04:15
    INDEX 01 00:06:15
    INDEX 02 00:14:36
    INDEX 03 00:18:60
    INDEX 04 00:24:59
    INDEX 05 00:29:61
    TRACK 03 MODE2/2352
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 00:37:67
    INDEX 01 00:39:67
    INDEX 02 00:46:07
    INDEX 03 00:52:06
    INDEX 04 00:57:63
    INDEX 05 01:03:66

Example of a "non detailed" CUE file

FILE "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\Desktop\VIDEOC~1.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 00 00:04:00
    INDEX 01 00:06:00
    TRACK 03 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 00 00:37:52
    INDEX 01 00:39:52
    Quote Quote  
  4. Use a program that actually knows how to handle CUE/BIN images properly!!

That is, CDRDAO (with a GUI like VCDEasy or XDuplicator) or CDRWin.

CDRDAO with VCDEasy is recommended. If you need to update your ASPI layer, then download and install ForceASPI from http://www.vcdhelp.com/tools

The alternative is to use Daemon-Tools to mount your CUE/BIN image and then use CloneCD to do a disc to disc copy.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've tried using vcdeasy to burn the bin/cue file but i can't figure it out. maybe i'm just stupid or something but it keeps asking for an mpeg file which i don't have. it seems to be wanting to create a bin/cue file, not burn the file. i also tried the copy cd with clone cd and dameon but that didn't seem to work either. i'm using a plextor 40/12/40A burner with imation disks (maybe that's my problem) don't know? also burning at a relatively low speed 16X.

Thanks for all the advice so far but any help with vcdeasy would be appreciated. I've been reading on there website for almost 3 hours trying to figure it out.

Virugt
    Quote Quote  
  6. Um, just look at the program CAREFULLY!

With VCDEasy:
    Tools --> CDRDAO Tools --> Burn CUE or TOC CD Image

And when you say, "that didn't seem to work either" (with reference to a disc copy with daemon-tools), what do you mean exactly??

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Virtualis,

I may be all wet here, but isn't CDRDAO a plug-in that you have to separately down-load to make VCDEasy burn CDs? I vaguely remember this from way back when, and it may be why Virusgt can't get it to burn a disk image.

Morloc
    Quote Quote  
  8. If you downloaded the "Full Installation" of VCDEasy, CDRDAO is installed with VCDEasy.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thank you guys for all your help. That was the problem I guess I never installed all the components. Boy am I an idiot. I was so frustrated last night that I couldn't even get to sleep. Thanks again. And I hope this solves my problems.

Virusgt
    Quote Quote