VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Thread
    Search PM
    You are the first to mention having that particular problem. I've just recently installed HCbatchGUI on clean installs of xp and windows 7 and it ran with no problems.

What I would recommend for you would be to completely uninstall the app using an uninstaller like revo uninstaller. It will get rid of all aspects of the app including registry entries and the like. It's a little more thorough than my built-in uninstaller.

Then reinstall.

See if that fixes your problem.

If you want a look at version 15.0 you can download it from the attachment on this post. It's pretty much ready for release. I just haven't released it yet because I'm working on a linux version and I want to release them at the same time.
    Image Attached Files
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you freebird73717 for your response but it seems its not ment to be for me to use your newer versions, same thing "class not registered" popup. i have never seen that before so i have no idea where to even start looking to fix it , it's weird because the gui opens for v.14.6 and v.14.7 but not v.14.8, 9 and 15 . anyway thank you for your time and it looks like a pretty good batch tool with alot of great features. cheers!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Can you post a screenshot of that error?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's the error..Click image for larger version

Name:	HCbatchGUI.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	4168
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Oh I'm gonna have to get better at programming in some more explanatory error messages!

I think it has to do with the integrated media player I added. It is supposed to use some of the libraries from windows media player to play videos in the apps media player.

Give me a day or so to compile a version without a media player for you to try.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you freebird73717 for looking at this, most appreciated. ive been using your v.14.7 to do some overnight batch encodes.. works quite well. cheers!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Okay try this. Install the version 15.0 I uploaded earlier then download this HCbatchGUI.exe and use it to replace the main executable in Program Files. The only change I made was to remove the Media Player.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you freebird73717 that did the trick. I havn't investigated all the total functions of this version yet but i'm hoping to be able to batch encode multiple files with hardcoded .ass text subs. before i was doing it manually a file at a time and adding vsfilter in the avs script, im trying to make a dvd for a little girl i know to play on her stand alone player. i find that anime soft subs flicker on my pioneer bd player anyways so i'm guessing her dvd player is no different.
    cheers!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm glad that fixed the problem.

Looks like I'm gonna have to completely remove that function all together to eliminate any compatibility problems for anyone else. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm not gonna be much help for you as far as subs go. I always look for dubbed anime myself

About the only way to do hard subs with my app is to batch create the avs scripts. Then go back and edit each script to include the subs. Then start your batch encode using those edited scripts. Not the most elegant solution I know....

Anyway.... Happy Encoding!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi there and thanx for the software.

Two comments, HCEnc is now @ v0.025, maybe you want to update before
    1.5x release, also 0.024 has been withdrawn due to a bug.

I have only just downloaded and tried both v14.9 and v15.0, and I have had several times
    with both versions a message something like:-

"Cannot update HCbatchGUI.ini"

When this happens, the only way to quit the program is to kill it in task manager,
    as the popups persist.

HCbatchGUI.ini does not exist in the program directory.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yep. Will include the updated HCenc.exe when I release 15.0 final.

As far as the error goes what OS did you install to? XP, Vista, Win7?

Sounds like the app is being run without admin privleges. It saves the ini file to the "Windows" directory. This requires admin rights.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Installed to XP Pro 32bit.
    I always run as admin, (not a good idea really).
    Bit busy at moment. Will try again some time.
    Did not actually use the prog as yet, probs appeared
    on first run, all I did was access the online help, I think,
    and afterwards try to close down.
    Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I Know it been almost 2 yrs since last post in this thread, but i was wondering if you ever finished 15.0?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hey there DK.
    To be honest I haven't had hardly any time to do any hobby coding. My business has kept me crazy busy and I'm in the process of remodeling my home (Doing the labor myself. Don't have the money to hire anyone to do it for me).

I'm not saying I'll never put out a new windows and linux release. Just doesn't look like it will be any time soon. Gotta put my time where it is best spent and right now that's growing my business and finishing my home.

I DO intend on continuing this project though! I really do enjoy coding just for the fun of it. Wish I had more time. Keep subscribed to this thread. Eventually I will update.
    Quote Quote