VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got a strange problem. I don't like motion smoothing on most movies, but certain TV series and anime I like it. I've got an hdmi running to my TCL Series 6. I have motion smoothing turned on "high" on the tv. I'm using Potplayer to play the files I have. I have an anime (Detective Conan) file that when I play, I can tell the motion smoothing effect isn't working, despite being on "high" on my TV. But when I play an episode of Black Sails, the motion smoothing effect works. But get this, if I exit Black Sails and reopen the anime file, the motion smoothing effect works. It's as if clicking a file turns on the effect. I figure it has something to do with the video renderer in Potplayer. Maybe it's using two different ones for each file? But if that's the case, why would playing one file before the other keep the effect? I'm not sure which video renderer is being used for each file because i have it set on "auto". I also attached the video specs of both files if that helps. The 640x480 is the anime.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	detectiveconanspecs.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	52724  

Click image for larger version

Name:	blacksailsspecs.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	52725  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    actually you could try motion interpolation with potplayer, unpack these files to potplayer folder and choose avisynth script https://www.upload.ee/files/11246768/AviSynth.7z.html
    but you need avisynth in your system and some dependencies. you can place avisynth library near potplayer, but im too lazy for this)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Motion smoothing doesn't work well with animation. I'd guess that's your problem with Detective Conan. In animated material motion vectors are not easily detected, except for panning shots. And character animation is usually at 12 fps. When made into film at 24 fps those cell are simply repeated. You don't get motion between those duplicates.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Whoat? Animation should be more easy to find wectors

Example how svp works https://youtu.be/Wjb6CSe4708 watch at 60fps

My uplavnyalka is free analog of svp, port of it. I use generator's javascript logic to make analogue in avisynth
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DanilaZabiaka View Post
    Example how svp works https://youtu.be/Wjb6CSe4708 watch at 60fps
    That's some pretty poor motion interpolation.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Fig znaet, as I know its best solution for pc. It's based on mvtools+render plugin for avisynth. It has some problem with text, but...
    Quote Quote