VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ret. Hippie Guitar Player Axel Slingerland's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone know of any Free or Dirt Cheap VPNs out there, that will work well enough to download from websites with a geolocation block? Or a way to download from BBC One in the UK? My kids are pestering me for Frozen Planet II...
    I admit to being a Rookie, and prone to Rookie Mistakes
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ret. Hippie Guitar Player Axel Slingerland's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Wow... That was fast. Thanks! That gives me something to play with.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ret. Hippie Guitar Player Axel Slingerland's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Psiphon3 works and I have it set for the UK, and I used a new Protonmail account to log in with. But when I try to download it still gives me the same geolocation error. And if I try to use the download button, it asks for a TV Licence. Am I SOL here?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	yt-dlp_geolocation.png
Views:	30
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	67842  

Quote Quote  
  4. psiphon, like any other VPN, works its own way. some ext also work on the browser, but the system isn't protected
    so, when you try to download, even if you see the video with the help of the ext, then in the down you are stuck
    it also depends on which browser you are using. i have several chrome browser based but psiphon's behavior is also different between different browsers

anyway try this: open setting, type "proxy"
    from menu choose Use System Proxy
    and try again if it work for you or not
    not work? change VPN or post here ur video link (link only. maybe some of us already have an account for your link)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ret. Hippie Guitar Player Axel Slingerland's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. windscribe works with bbc for me most times. sometimes it doesn't. i don't know why. Sometimes changing uk servers works
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Axel Slingerland View Post
    Psiphon3 works and I have it set for the UK, and I used a new Protonmail account to log in with. But when I try to download it still gives me the same geolocation error. And if I try to use the download button, it asks for a TV Licence. Am I SOL here?
    What is SOL? you have to have an account and log in to the BBC to download.

Are you trying to download with the BBC downloader or an independent downloader?. With the BBC downloader the program is deleted from your PC after a time, a month I think
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ret. Hippie Guitar Player Axel Slingerland's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by David Banner View Post
    What is SOL?
    Sorry... I wrote that without thinking. It's an acronym for "S**t Outta Luck."

Originally Posted by David Banner View Post
    Are you trying to download with the BBC downloader or an independent downloader?. With the BBC downloader the program is deleted from your PC after a time, a month I think
    I use yt-dlp. And I assumed that by "TV Licence" that that meant the equivalent of a "Cable Service Login", such as I have from Optimum, which until recently was called Suddenlink Communications.
    Last edited by Axel Slingerland; 29th Nov 2022 at 01:01.
    Quote Quote