VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone!

I am not sure how to articulate my problem so if I need to correct anything, let me know.

I am working on an mpg video. It seems like some time ago, before I obtained the video there were 2 separate audio streams that were combined. (This is a sports broadcast and you can actually hear both the english and spanish streams)

I opened the video in Premiere and the tracks are definitely combined into a single stream. I'd like to separate them and am wondering if that is possible?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Can you unmix a cake (batter)?

Sure, a few things can be done, but not much of consequence.

Much depends on the track layout.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks! I didn't figure there was much that could be done.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Isotope rx ( free trial available) has something that can isolate vocal, bass., percussion and "other"
    Be aware this is a developing technology and results can be less than stellar depending on the source
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you have a stereo stream with one language on the left channel and another on the right channel you can discard one channel and use the remaining channel as mono.

There's another type of dual language stereo track where one language is on both channels with the same phase, the other language is on both channels but with opposite phases. With that type of audio you can add the two channels to get a mono track of one language, subtract them to get a mono track of the other language.
    Quote Quote