VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys l am working on a Video streaming service website based fully in PHP.
    I wanted to ask how can l embed or at least implement DRM(Digital Rights Management) technology some sample videos to demonstrate how l piracy is minimized using DRM?.Basically am asking how to use PHP to implement DRM in my website videos easily and efficiently.
    Thanks.

2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please don't cross post in several forums. I removed your other threads.

I have no idea how you can add drm.... Everyone can record everything on the screen anyway.

3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Please don't cross post in several forums. I removed your other threads.

I have no idea how you can add drm.... Everyone can record everything on the screen anyway.
    Okay thanks mate, what profesional are you

Search Comp PM
    ^^ Why should that matter ?

Very few of us on here are video professionals and, I guess, even less have any serious grounding in PHP or DRM at coding level. I dabble in PHP/MySQL for my own no-connection-to-video-website.

A quick Google will turn up PHP code that claims to 'protect' video from being downloaded. And it was quickly shown that there are means available to circumvent that. The author of the code did not come back to the webpage to update the code.

I also looked at DRM and I see several systems which are directed at specific browsers. So why even try to re-invent the wheel which would go well beyond PHP/MySQL coding. But these systems come at a price.

5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks bro uv immensely helped me, didn't know that you had to purchase license on them, thought their was something like a PHP library that supports DRM like features j

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Very few of us on here are video professionals and, I guess, even less have any serious grounding in PHP or DRM
    And some of us are/were.

But those two tasks are non-video IT. I did video streaming encoding post-restoration (lossless+streaming output [multi streams, actually]), and passed it and metadata to the IT team implementing DRM and uploading. The PHP/site was designed/coded by a 3rd party, then merely used. Patched internally as needed, for security and PHP updates/upgrades. I hated metadata, would do my best to pass that tasks off to anybody else, as it was very non-video as well.

Realize this was actual commercial DRM, not some weak PHP code trickery in freeware or cheapware.

Originally Posted by Ramsey555 View Post
    Thanks bro
    If you're seeking professional help, drop the immature attitude.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Please go back to your mama so that he can sort your insecurities issues, do you go around with low pathetic self esteem, insulting people about immaturity