VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am looking for a script that will convert side by side (parallel) to the older field sequential format. Nowadays everyone wants to do the opposite which is understood and likewise there is a ton of info on how to do this. However sbs to fS script is not. Can anyone help me out?

The source was an overseas 3D blu I picked up (the Germans did a decent 2d to 3D conversion,but more pixel shift and rotoscope job for the 1982 animated film the Last Unicorn) that I then converted to sbs with BD3D2MK3D. The irony is that I love 3D but do not own a 3D set. I do have some 3D blues and player but if I truly want to view these I convert to sbs or anaglyph (I know) and view it on the pc in a small window (for side by side) so it doesn’t kill me eyes entirely (I can free view parallel).

I still have the older analog field sequential
    equipment and would not mind viewing this film on my crt tv in that format

The 3D mkv made is also 16x9 which I would like to keep if possible
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I know I have copies of those scripts somewhere at home, so I'll look for them this weekend...

Scott Warren
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    I know I have copies of those scripts somewhere at home, so I'll look for them this weekend...

Scott Warren
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Off the top of my head, something along the lines of:

Code:
    WhateverSource("filename.ext")
    left=Crop(0,0,width/2,height).Spline36Resize(width,height/2)
    right=Crop(width/2,0,width/2,height).Spline36Resize(width,height/2)
    Interleave(left,right)
    AssumeFieldBased()
    AssumeTFF()
    Weave()
    That's for two full width images side by side. For half width images change the resizing to width*2. I'm also not sure of the lower field image needs to be shifted down by a scan line. In that case, instead of resizing to half height use SeparateFields.SelectEven() and SeparateFields.SelectOdd instead of resizing the height.

But you can convert to anaglyph without interlacing. Scripts for that have been posted many times here. For example:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/373046-HSBS-3D-to-Anaglyph-3D-Conversion-Avisynth-...bs#post2400867
    Last edited by jagabo; 23rd Feb 2018 at 17:25.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Off the top of my head, something along the lines of:

Code:
    WhateverSource("filename.ext")
    left=Crop(0,0,width/2,height).Spline36Resize(width,height/2)
    right=Crop(width/2,0,width/2,height).Spline36Resize(width,height/2)
    Interleave(left,right)
    AssumeFieldBased()
    AssumeTFF()
    Weave()
    That's for two full width images side by side. For half width images change the resizing to width*2. I'm also not sure of the lower field image needs to be shifted down by a scan line. In that case, instead of resizing to half height use SeparateFields.SelectEven() and SeparateFields.SelectOdd instead of resizing the height.

But you can convert to anaglyph without interlacing. Scripts for that have been posted many times here. For example:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/373046-HSBS-3D-to-Anaglyph-3D-Conversion-Avisynth-...bs#post2400867
    Thank you. Will be giving it a go over the weekend. I am also trying to avoid anaglyph. Though what I did find interesting with this film conversion is that the 3d appeared to look better under half color anaglyph than it did viewing it side by side (rare but occasionally that happens) when watching it on the fly (conversion) using Stereoscopic player
    Quote Quote  
  6. With sufficient PC you can do this in real time with ffmpeg.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Stereoscopic
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    With sufficient PC you can do this in real time with ffmpeg.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Stereoscopic
    The AviSynth script can be played with a media player in real time too.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks again but as mentioned in my first post the Stereoscopic movie player

https://www.videohelp.com/software/Stereoscopic-Player

can also do on the fly conversion quite well but I would rather be able to watch this edition on my dvd or bluray deck and for that I need to truly do an encoded conversion. And the script provided by Jagabo (and possibly also from Scott) will help me do what I need
    Quote Quote  
  9. All above is true however Avisynth is inherently single thread (without MT) - ffmpeg offer some multi-thread capabilities, side to this conversion can be performed with ffmpeg and in semi-automated way (ffmpeg provide decoding, filtering and encoding within single binary thus you can avoid some problems with Avisynth).
    I like Avisynth, i use Avisynth but sometimes it is not most optimal solution IMHO.
    Quote Quote