VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. the captures have no audio either, I checked my cords-they are right.
    I have tried the remote pressing audio untill analog shows up in the capture window but it does not work.
    Help please.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have you checked the batteries in the remote ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. the batteries are brand new, what would they have to do with it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just to clarify the nature of the problem... Is this "no audio" problem we are discussing only a problem with your captures? If you use the same cords to connect the LaserDisc player to a TV instead of the the capture device, do you hear audio from the TV's speakers?

[Edit]I see now that this is not your only thread related to your problem. Having to follow multiple threads (three!) related to the same problem makes it more difficult for the rest of us to help you, and it's a violation of forum rules.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 17th Jan 2018 at 11:29.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BirdDaddie View Post
    Captures
    If a TV's speakers produce sound using the same LD, the same LD player, and all the same cables, then there is something wrong with your capture settings or something wrong with the capture device. I'll look at the manual to see if I can spot something that might help among the device driver audio settings.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The manual refers to using Osprey Config to configure audio and says it installs with the drivers contained on the software disc that comes with the Osprey 260e. Do you have Osprey Config?

If not, I don't know if the downloads for 32-bit and 64-bit driver packages for the 620e available from Osprey have it, but the drivers are here: https://www.ospreyvideo.com/index.php/downloads/drivers
    Quote Quote  
  7. I did install them.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did install them.
    Well, do you have Osprey Config or not?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is only so much I can do without having the Osprey 260e to test with.

Reading the User Guide (starting at p. 82), audio on the Osprey 260e seems to function as if it were a separate device, which should show up in AmaRecTV's "Audio Capture Device" list on the "Graph1(Device)" tab. Perhaps you need to configure it. Maybe if the Osprey 260e is selected as the audio device in AmaRecTV, clicking the "Audio Device Settings" button will bring up its "Audio Properties" window. If that doesn't work, close AmarecTV and try to configure the audio properties with Osprey Config using the instructions on p. 82 of the User Guide. After you are done, close Osprey Config and select the Osprey 260e's audio device in AmaRecTV. Other than that, I have no more ideas, other than asking JVRaines about your problem via PM.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 30th Jan 2018 at 14:10. Reason: part of one sentence was missing
    Quote Quote  
  10. I thought you meant osprey config that shows up after I install the drivers, my card did not come with a disc.
    I contacted osprey about it an am waiting for a reply.
    I don't get sound either on digital or analog selected.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I tested the LD audio out to an audio in of a DV camcorder and heard nothing even when
    i switched it to analog stereo so I guess I might be screwed.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tested the LD audio out to an audio in of a DV camcorder and heard nothing even when
    i switched it to analog stereo so I guess I might be screwed.
    Have you asked JVRaines for help? I still think there is a good chance that you haven't used the correct audio settings somewhere, either in the drivers/Osprey Config or in AmaRecTV.

Do you have previous experience using an analog capture device that provides uncompressed output to the PC? Can you post screenshots showing how you have configured AmaRecTV and the drivers? Were you able to try OspreyConfig? If so, can you post screenshots of the settings that you used for OspreyConfig?
    Quote Quote  
  13. I hooked up my Laserdisc player to a DV camera and there was sound. So I am thinking that it is the Osprey. I tried changing the pci slots around but that did nothing. I checked the cables and they appear to be ok I have contacted Osprey and hopfully I can get warrenty service that is not too extreme.
    Quote Quote