VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I need to do the above, from DVD's I have made myself.

I am currently looking at AIMERSOFT DVD Ripper, and also at SOLVEIGMM VIDEO SPLITTER.

I'm thinking that the SOLVEIGMM is the better, but you only get 3 go's with the trial !

I was wondering if anyone else might have any suggestions worth considering, or even comments on the above software.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. DVDShrink.

You could open the DVD with DVDShrink, set the output target size to DVD9 or larger in it's preferences so it won't try to shrink (optionally uncheck the setting for splitting vob files into 1GB chunks), exit preferences, select re-author mode, drag the title you need from the right pane to the left, and then use the edit function to edit it down to one of the clips you want. You can repeat the process as many times as you like, dragging the same title or a different title from the right pane to the left and editing it down each time. When you're done, use the backup function and you'll have a new DVD backup where each clip will be a single vob file.

DVDShrink is free.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 12th May 2015 at 21:41.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yep. Thanks for that. I'll check it out.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you can use MKV you can use MKVMergeGUI. Drag the first VOB file in and set the splitting on the "Global" tab.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The advantage of using DVDShrink for the job is it's editor has a preview, which makes it considerably easier. I'd use DVDShrink to split the video into individual vob files, then MKVMergeGUI to remux them as MKVs later on.
    Quote Quote