VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have this composite/s-video card but it seems a bit flaky.

I use VirtualDub to capture as I can then capture in Huffy and the filters settings show (doesn't in its native capture app Capture Studio, go figure) to set brightness etc, but it doesn't "stick". I have to change the settings during capture which is a bit annoying!

So does anyone use a capturing app that works better for this card?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First, I have no experience with this card. You may need to set up a capture profile each time you capture regardless of software because neither the card nor the software remembers previous settings.

Although it has been a while since I used any of them, I do know of some other capture software that works with many other cards capable of uncompressed capture. AmaRecTV and DScaler are the two that seem the most popular with VideoHelp members. There is also GraphStudio if you know how to build filter graphs.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cool thanks, will try those apps you mentioned.

As for "set up a capture profile", how do I do that? Its weird as soon as I capture. So after a capture, the levels settings is set to what I put them at. Just dont get applied as soon as I hit Capture.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bassquake View Post
    Cool thanks, will try those apps you mentioned.

As for "set up a capture profile", how do I do that? Its weird as soon as I capture. So after a capture, the levels settings is set to what I put them at. Just dont get applied as soon as I hit Capture.
    By capture profile, I meant the list of device settings that you used in Virtualdub for a particular video source. You should keep notes about the settings you used for the source so they can be applied again in the future, if necessary. I'm guessing that you do that.

I don't know why you can't set up your device until after you begin a capture, and why the settings are not retained. It may well be the device.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help anymore. I'm unable to run any experiments with a capture device I own to see if it behaves differently with different software. Several months ago, I needed to re-install Windows and I made the decision to not to install drivers for my rather old capture device and the software I used with it for uncompressed capture because I don't need to capture anything anymore.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    This is another reason I like my Osprey 210e card. It has dedicated GUIs for the video and audio drivers. The apps stay open and the controls are live throughout capture.
    Quote Quote