VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been searching all over the internet and tried different options, but still running into problems. I've come to the point to where I need to describe my specific situation in hopes someone can help me with what I need.

I have DVD files that were made by someone else, put in a VIDEO_TS folder. They are in PAL format, and have such files as a menu and a number of IFO and BUP files. I would like to convert all of the files to NTSC. The converter program I have is Movavi.

This is what I've done so far. If I've done anything wrong, please correct me: I am using Movavi, converting the video to NTSC, having it break into 1GB per video in size. After it's done, I will use Format Factory to change all to VOB.

Here are my issues:

1. Would I turn the whole video - using Movavi - into an NTSC file, then rewrite all of the IFO and BUP files?

2. Another problem I ran into is the menu...the video did upload and change in Movavi, but the menu did not. How would I go about changing the menu to NTSC, and how would I make sure the menu and the video are still compatible?

3. The video is broken into three parts...how do I make sure these three different parts don't end up blending into one big video, or cut in between each part?

I'm being more picky because this is for someone else, and I want to make sure it turns out right.

If I think of anything else I will mention it.

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Most DVD units nowadays will play PAL and/or NTSC as long as theres no region coding. Just backup your disc and burn to DVD?R - you'll be fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ConfusedFormatNoob View Post
    I would like to convert all of the files to NTSC. The converter program I have is Movavi.
    You are wasting your time.....and I have never heard of that program so it must be garbage.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the answers, especially manono. They've helped!
    Quote Quote