VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CN9GEA?tag=streamingme01-20

I was looking for a capture card like that to record hdmi xbox 360 gameplay. I could use that and stick it in my PC and it will be fine but I want one for my laptop, or something like this that would work for a laptop so I can travel with it. I don't no if there is a box or something that would act like the product in the link above but if there is or something similar please post below.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    they make a usb(3.0) version of that called the shuttle, but it's very picky about what usb(3.0) ports it works in. no laptops make the grade that i know of.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why not go with a hauppauge hd pvr? Why does it have to be hdmi? Component will still look very good. THough the hd pvr is limited to 1080i. I don't know if that would be a deal breaker for you or not. But it is a proven and well recommended capture device. I have one that does what I want it to. And yes you can do 5.1 dolby digital with fiber optic.

- hd pvr is usb fyi.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. ok yes that will work but then the porblem that im having now is going from the RGB visaul cords to vga, dvi, or hdmi so I can see what im playing on my monitor.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Too bad you don't have component input on the monitor. The hd pvr has component passthrough.

THere are rca plugs on the component cable for the 360. There are reports that it can output both simultaneously. I have not done that myself so its only speculation on my part. I don't know if thats possible or not.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. ok i found a solution to all who want to no. I'm going to get the HD PVR and a xbox 360 RGB cord. hook that up and then the output will be red & white audio cables going to a Y plug that PC speakers can connect to giving me sound! The visual was tricky but im going to get a hdmi to 3 RCA conversion cable which will plug into my awasome monitor. Now I can watch what I record! Thanks for showing me the HD DVR and your welcome to those who found this usefull!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by ThePie69 View Post
    im going to get a hdmi to 3 RCA conversion cable which will plug into my awasome monitor
    That won't work. Those cables are for specific devices that supply component video on what looks like an HDMI port -- but's not an HDMI port. It takes active circuitry to convert component to HDMI or vice versa. HDMI/component scan converters start around US$50. For example:

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Unlimited-Component-Video-AUD-2360/dp/B0032HOL4E

Note that device doesn't have analog audio support.
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th Aug 2011 at 22:30.
    Quote Quote