VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using TMpgenc to author a DVD. I have a jpg file that I want to use as the background, and I also have an mp3 I would like to use on the menu. Thing is, TDA only uses audio on menus if the audio is part of a motion menu mpg.

Can I loop my jpg somehow into an mpg file and mux in the audio?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you have TMPGEnc Plus, you can load the jpeg file as video, and and your mpeg-3 as the audio.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  3. that doesn't work. I get a read error because of teh jpg file
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bobm67
    that doesn't work. I get a read error because of teh jpg file
    I gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried the procedure again, to make sure it had not been preempted by a later version.

Sorry to tell you this, but it still works. Could your jpeg file be corrupted? Please load it in MS Paint and save it under a different filename, then try to encode the new file.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Benefit of the doubt? Are you insinuating that I cannot load a jpg file into TMPGENC? Again, I thank you for your information, but it didn't work for me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Works fine for me too. Try raising the priority of the JPG file reader in Options>Environmental Settings>VFAPI Plugin.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Excuse me if this is a thread-jack,

i cant work out how to do this either

i get this error when i use the wizard to load the jpg, when i load it manually it will do it but when i view the mpg its Muxed multiple jpg's with the audio giving me a quick slideshow type effect

Quote Quote  
  8. I raised the priority to 2 and I still get the same error. I am running version 2.521.58.169

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hey bob,

do you get the same error as me "Invalid Video Source" or do you get something different.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I get "Read error occurred at....."

Quote Quote  
  11. bobm, are you sure the problem is related to the video, not the audio? From the screenshot you can't tell. Try encoding the video only first. If you get the same error then you can be sure it's not the mp3.

Sifaga's problem does seem to be with the video. Try a different format, like BMP and resize it to a DVD compliant resolution (or whatever you want the final mpg for) before importing it into TMPGEnc. bobm, you can try the same thing if you determine that the problem is the video.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I had tried just the video, and I got the same error. I will try changing the format and size of the jpg.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  13. Another thing you can try is re-installing TMPGEnc because your error suggests something's wrong with the application.
    Quote Quote