VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I'm sorry if there's a solution in this forum to my question. I've hunted for it but have yet to find it. Here's my very specific issue, which I'm looking for advice with:

I'm extracting images from a x265 upscaled 2160p .mkv animation file, with the intention of cleaning each frame up (dust fleck removal, frame shake adjustment, and individual cel layer alteration, etc). Once cleaned, all images will then need to be reassembled in the same format as the same source video. I'll fully admit that I'm a complete newbie, but I'm driven by a sense of purpose. I want to learn. Thus far I have managed to extract the frames as .png files using VirtualDub, but it doesn't appear that VD can reverse the process as anything other than an .avi file?

My PC is a bit of a dinosaur by today's standards, so Adobe products are of no use! Other than that, anything goes!

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated

pw
    Quote Quote  
  2. VirtualDub can read the image sequence. Just use File -> Open Video File and select the first image.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sounds promising! I'll check that out, thank you
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    VirtualDub can read the image sequence. Just use File -> Open Video File and select the first image.
    So, I followed your advice but VirtualDub just hangs (not responding). I tried it first with the entire batch of 33,600 images and figured it just needed a long time to collate everything. After 8 hours I decided to try again, with only 14 images. Same problem. The version of VD I'm working with is 1.10.4 and I have not installed any codecs other than the original software. Is there something I'm missing here?

All I want to do is mux the images into an .mpeg4 video file (the original source I extracted the images from in VD was an .mkv). Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Use VirtualDub 2, since it can load image sequences, AND render in x265
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Pulsewidth View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    VirtualDub can read the image sequence. Just use File -> Open Video File and select the first image.
    So, I followed your advice but VirtualDub just hangs (not responding). I tried it first with the entire batch of 33,600 images and figured it just needed a long time to collate everything. After 8 hours I decided to try again, with only 14 images. Same problem. The version of VD I'm working with is 1.10.4 and I have not installed any codecs other than the original software. Is there something I'm missing here?
    I've never had such a problem. Can you zip up your 14 file sequence and upload it so I can test it here? And yes, VirtualDub2 can load the image sequence and output h.264 or h.265 in mp4 directly.
    Quote Quote